2 plants, 1 seed

Can anyone explain why I got 2 plants from 1 seed? This is Gold Leaf Fem.

1 Like

Most likely just a genetic trait, I’ve seen these pop up more and more with the gold leaf on here. I’m just a beginner but I’d say just let it grow see what happens. Some people would say to splice it down the middle and seperate them but that may kill one or the other so idk. Just my opinion friend.
Happy Growing.
-Manny

1 Like

Thanks. I will probably cut the small one away so it doesn’t take away from the dominant plant.

It is a twin embryo contained in the seed itself said to be a rare mutation.

Twin embryos contained in one seed is pretty interesting to watch grow, but watch them and split them apart before they get to old to prevent roots from tangling.

Overall twin embryos contained in 1 seed is a genetic mutation. Dont kill them,just split them apart and keep them both @Drhomegrown

personally i’d leave them as is they are to cute :heart_eyes:… and once they get a bit bigger chuck them in a massive 30l pot and train them both in different directions… i would suggest a fabric pot to reduce the chance of root bound as mentioned by @Majiktoker… but would love to see the Siamese twins have a journal and watch them grow @Drhomegrown

1 Like

I’m curious how would one go about splitting them?
Do these usually have 2 root systems?

They can or they be twin plants conjoined to one root system which is extremely rare. But likely yes they will have their own root systems

1 Like

Awesome.
Would be it be better to split them asap or wait for them to grow a bit. I imagine the sooner the better so they don’t get wrapped around each other as you mentioned previously.

Yea the sooner the better but if they grow a little no big deal just try to split them when time comes for transplant

2 Likes

In not sure how to separate without damaging them. I think I will cut the runt so the dominant one can prosper.

Drhomegrown.

Super simple your over thinking it lol, remove the dirt from around them enough to pull them apart try to keep some dirt around the roots though

2 Likes

I would give separating them a shot. Like @Majiktoker said probably pretty simple to do and you will get double the satisfaction.

1 Like