2 plant tent and light kit online

Anyone have a suggestion on a small tent and light kit online ? Yes, im on a budget. Oh and minimum watt light or type of light that comes with it. Thanks ! PR

6 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community!! There’s tons of good info and a lot of help on this forum all you have to do is ask! Check out MarsHydro for a grow kit with like there ts 1000 or ts 2000 https://www.mars-hydro.com/grow-kit-2x4-tsl2000 .
There on the cheaper end but still use most of the top of line parts and diodes so you won’t be selling yourself too short. You really don’t wanna buy a cheap light off amazon. Most anyone on this forum will let you know that. Here’s a link to one of my threads where we talked about nutrients but also ALOT about lighting and the top brands. I know your on a budget. But just giving you an idea. Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions. If I can’t answer you I will point you in direction of someone who can! ConcreteBudz Indoor 420Garden Adventure 🤯 - #28 by ConcreteBudz

4 Likes

If your budget for everything is only a couple hundred dollars my best recommendation is doing what I did and buy everything slowly and over time that way you can still buy some really decent equipment but you don’t have to spend it all at once. NO MATTER what if you have cheap equipment or expensive you can grow cannabis! And you can have fun doing it to! But if you want some pretty premium quality stuff of your own I recommend take your time and buy everything as you can and research don’t just go off and buy everything you see that sounds good haha I’m telling you a lot of website just say things to get sales.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community !

4 Likes

Definitely researching! Have done a grow recently with bare bones purchased locally. Good trial run. Healthy plants, 3, but one was a male, and not sure if I got it out in time. Seeds we had from ?? Soon to buy feminized seeds from ilgm. Just want to get my gear rite first for starters. Any input or suggestions are great. So fun to watch the life cycle!

1 Like

If your really on a budget but itching to start an indoor grow and want some really decent results and buy everything all at once I would go with spyder farmer. https://www.spider-farmer.com/collections/most-popular/products/sf1000-led-grow-light-full-spectrum-70x70cm-grow-tent-kits-carbon-filter-indoor
Now if you wanna slowly buy your equipment and spend a little more $$ then I can help steer you in different direction haha. Again these are just my personal opinions. I’m sure you will get a lot of other helpful info today as the day goes on too!

1 Like

Feminized or auto is my next big decision!?

1 Like

Sometimes a package deal is not the most economical or best route to take. When I started, which wasn’t that long ago, I used the items listed in a package as a source list for what I needed to get started. Tent, light, exhaust fan, carbon filter and vessels based on the chosen medium, etc. Then, based on my budget and specifications, shopped for price and quality. I bought everything from one supplier and it extended a package discount to my order. Ph and ppm pens are a must have. Although not terribly expensive, they along with nutrients and misc supplies add up.
I do not have a specific light recommendation but I suggest purchasing a current technology, quantum board based light rather than a blurple LED. Having said this, you still have to be wary. For example, spider farmer is quite popular and uses QB tech. It sells two SF1000 models. The one for $159 has samsung LM301 diodes. Its 301B and 301H diodes are the diodes used in many top quality lights. SF also sells a SF1000D model for $90. I think the D stands for I Don’t know what samsung Diode is in this light. So for $70 less, there is no dimmer and more than likely, lower quality and less efficient diodes. Some might call it slight of hand, I say it requires critical reading.
Once you narrow down what your light choices are, based on the size and shape of your grow space, post your questions and request for opinion to the forum.
good luck

7 Likes

Rather have a bit bigger plant so ID think feminized?

2 Likes

I recommend you go with feminized photos.
Autos can be a little finicky, they do have their place in the Grow world . I grow both just my thoughts good luck

3 Likes

Some growers around here produce some really large autos. But I think in general, photoperiod plants will be more consistent. When it comes to photos and size, that is based on genetics and time. If you have 6 months, you can grow a very large photoperiod plant. In four months you can grow as many as will fit in your grow space. I have a 3x3 tent and typically grow four plants in 5 gallon pots. I veg for 8 - 10 weeks with lots of LST and HST. So, start to finish depending on flower time, 16 to 20 weeks.

4 Likes

What equipment do you have from your first grow? And where did you grow them if not in a tent?

4 Likes

How big a space are u looking at wanting 2x2 3x3 4x4 5x5. 3x3 is a better suggestion that a 2x2. If u get dont buy tent kits most pricing is for tge light that is not worth the price. Get a cheapo tent and a hlg135 rspec. Prolly about 4 to 500 for a 3x3 setup with the hlg light but buying a good light to start will make all the differences for u. Hlg mars hydro spider farmer budget led synce rapid led ect sfick with lights from one of these places and u wont be upset. Stir clear of the lighting that is pink purple or blueosh loom. Good luck happy growing

3 Likes

You might check out gorilla tents. They seem to be one of the better tents going & if your a vet you can get 20% off. I just ordered a 5x5 yesterday with a $70 discount. That discount was at the company web site.

1 Like

A spare bed room with a feit light from home depot and a clip on fan. Low budget as it gets ! 19w full spectrum led. $40 light. It obviously served its purpose but ready to get real now !!

1 Like

one plant is a male and is now outside, the other for some reason, still cant sex, way smaller, and still inside. why no sexing after 2 months ??

so many options, and even more opinions. i think im going with mars hydro or spyder farm full kit and be done with it. doing lots of comparisons now, and hope to order this weekend, from amazon. bout all i can say for now ? only 2 plants at a time so ? ill stick with you and your thoughts for now ! haha. thanks, PR. NC surfer guy.

1 Like

theres even a 600 led option which may be sufficient for 2 plants ??

Where? A 600w led option for what? And my buddy runs spyder farmers and loves them. I’ve also seen a few people using Mars hydros on forum and YouTube and have great results too. So it will be up to you with your preference choice.

1 Like

Thought I saw a 600, as opposed to say ts1000 or 2000. Maybe I’m mistaken. Anyhow, ill post what I eventually get, and take it from there!