2 outta 6 with grow on hold

My goal was to grow 3 autoflower White Widows. Started 3 seeds in water for 32 hours then into paper towel for two nights and only 1 with tap root and it got to be over 1" with zero signs of the other two producing. So after this frustration i started anothr 3 and again only 1 out of 3 germinated. Even put seeds back in water with a couple drops of peroxide and five days later nothing. What am i doing wrong? Because i never had issues with just regular seeds.

2 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood. Are they ilgm seeds? I can’t help with this because I drop seed directly in soil in forever pots. Others will chime in to help.

1 Like

Yes ILGM seeds. They of course are concerned with the issue and offering to help. Ive had luck with regular seeds with almost 100% success so i was wondering if ruderalis trait was throwing me off.

@Tadpole11 let me tag in someone who’s really good on that topic, @noddykitty1 git a sec?

1 Like

I’m a believer in just planting the directly into moist soil in a solo cup with a baggie over the top, and keep them warm. Works every time for me.

2 Likes

Drop them in your medium. I always have 1 or 2 that only show a sign of the husk cracking while the others have tails. They break ground a few days later than the ones with tails :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yup prime example of this with my current grow

1 Like

Yep, something else to throw off the timing :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Tagged ya in my thread

1 Like

Super easy method for you.

1. Boil water. Set in mason jar and let cool overnight to room temp.

2. Drop all seeds in water.

3. Wait for them to crack and sink.

4. Wait 24hrs for tap root to show after sinking.

5. Plant the seed. I used Root root cubes this year. Worked perfect.

Happy growing….