2 outta 3 ain't bad

Adding air to a reservoir can be a bad idea because bacteria needs air. So be sure you know what your doing and it’s right for your application. For example autopots says to use a pump or a wave maker. No air stones.

1 Like

I’ve been researching but I have NO idea what I’m doing. @AfgVet suggested aerating my water with a pump so I’m jus tryna follow advice of experienced growers as this is my 1st time. Do u aerate your water? If so how do u go about it @nicky?

I use something very similar. I use it when I mix my nutes for the next day and let it sit with the air stones overnight. I believe @Not2SureYet uses a wave maker in his res, if your using a reservoir.

3 Likes

No reservoir. Growing in soil and as of right now using distilled water. I will do more research b4i actually purchase but any nd all input is greatly appreciated

1 Like

I suggest you stop using distilled water, it has no minerals in it, its expensive, it strips your soil quickly of nutrients and it won’t hold PH because it has no minerals in it.

What’s the ppm of your tap water? If it’s 300 or less then use your tap water, PH it to 6.5 before you give it unless its under 125ppm roughly and your not giving nutrients (ph is held stronger the more ppm)

The aerator is used by some to dechlorinate a reservoir or bucket of tap water. A 5 gallon bucket will evaporate the chlorine after 24hr or less so I never bothered with one and many don’t unless running a much larger reservoir.
All tap water unless on a well is chlorinated, when your ppm will be really high but you won’t have any chlorination.
Many use a rv water filter that just threads into a garden hose to remove the chlorine instantly while others add a single stage carbon filter and filter housing onto a cold line in their house (my houses kitchen sink has it under the sink it cost me less than 100$) the bonus of this is that every glass of water tastes amazing out of the tap and its good for the pets, the wife no longer buys bottled water, and her house plants like it. I change it once ever 6-8 months costs me 20$ per filter.

Also next grow switch to coco and jacks, you won’t regret it, growing soil is slow and low yielding.

2 Likes

Word. I do have a ppm meter so I will check my tap water and hopefully can use that. I assumed distilled wuz the next best thing after ro water. Grateful u corrected me on that. My fridge has a filtered water dispenser so I assume that would be better but lmk if still doin 2 much… Or not enough lol.

Also, I’ve never heard the term jack’s. Is that like coco and perlite? Or are u bout 2 school me some more lol? Either way I appreciate ur time nd insight at I’m open 2 any nd all input. The ability 2 interact is way better than me just reading stuff online. Wish I would’ve joined b4i started but I’m already excited 2 try new methods on my next grow

2 Likes

Jack’s is a brand of nutrients, however we don’t follow what they say. We use 3parts of dry chemicals one part (part A) is their unique blend which we must buy but it mixed with the standard calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate to make a 3 part. The nutrient is high quality and is chelated properly for near perfect absorbion to our standards today. The cost is also extremely low.

It can be used in any medium, most users are using it in coco.

2 Likes

Word. Tested my tap water and the ppm is around 116 and pH is 8.1 so ima tell u my plan nd u can correct me if necessary… I’m starting 2 feel more confident but I’m sure I’ll need it lol.

Sterilized a container nd filled with warm tap water. Didn’t want water sitting 2 long nd getting stagnant so I only used 1 gal. Mixed 1/4 t citric acid and left the top off 2 dechlorinate. Will wait 24hrs and retest the temp and pH b4 watering 2moro. Did I miss anything?

1 Like

Wuz scared 2 dry the girls out 2 much so I put a lil heater near the passive intake nd got my tent temp up to 78°F Yay!!! Humidity went down a lil so I put a bowl with a rag nd water inside the tent adjacent 2 the heater. Ion wana get ahead of myself but the constant feeling of impending doom is slowly lifting nd I’m starting 2 feel like I’m earning the right 2b here lol. Hope I’m making u proud

2 Likes

Got a similar issue keeping the temp consistent,getting cool nights here NW FL. I got a thermostat plug for the mini space heater to help maintain a more constant temp and less fluctuations during cooler nights. Peace.

2 Likes

Sounding good, now you need to get a evaporative humidfior and boost that humidty to 65% roughly

1 Like

O woooord?!?! Mind. Blown. :exploding_head: I think u might’ve solved my issues with something I didn’t even know existed. I appreciate u.

I started pricing and will purchase 1 this week. I thought my biggest issue wuz 1 cotyledon but if I had 2 lose 1 plant 2 gain all this personalized feedback, I gladly present my sacrifice 2 the community as tribute

… I’m still not giving up on her tho. If nothing else I’m gaining experience under some great guidance. Priceless.

2 Likes