2 of my plants are turning purple and what should I do

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I have a problem and wonder if I get some advice? Have sent some pictures

Join us so we can guide you
Also please post a picture of the whole plant also please fill this support ticket out

To create a grow support ticket we need some basic information to help diagnose the issue.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

• Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

• Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

• System type?

• PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

• What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system, size?

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Could be phosphorus defecent could be just a pheno showing so filling put that support ticket is going to be your best route to find issue

1 Like

Could also be no problem at all. Some strains just turn purple as they mature. Cold seems to drive it.

1 Like

Can someone tell me what’s going on with this thanks

The yellowing of younger leaves (the growth on top) is usually caused by an Iron deficiency. If this is the case, it could be caused by a Ph Imbalance. If your Ph is fine, consider adding some iron to your water. Chelated Fertilizer works, and if you don’t have any access to iron nutrients, rusty water can work in a pinch. (Something with rust on it soaked in water for a little while, since rust is iron oxide)

Fill out the support ticket above before you do anything

I’m not able to post pics, but these pics are representative of what the growing tips of some of the smaller branches look like. The purple growth started when flowering started. The seed is early skunk from sensi seed. The growing medium is a cubic yard or two of old amended compost. This year it was amended with four gallons of seven year old composted cow manure and five gallons of compost made from house and garden refuse and year old cow manure. The ph is 6.8 and the plant is large and vigorous. I have had this problem with purple in the tips of new growth around flowering before, and in the worst case the branch itself will become purplish and any bud that forms will be minimal and not very good.I don’t have a clue as to what is causing this. I pinch it off as i see it. Anybody?