2 feit 300w replacement led

10/4 bro I saw that but wasn’t sure my self second set definitely looks like they could be positioned that way
Keep me informed @dbrn32

1 Like

I’m waiting on a few components for a light build myself. Hopefully can throw some pictures up this weekend.

Sorry for not being more clear bud, let me try to capture the entire thread for you…

The lights you have are great for veg stage of your plant. In fact, the color temp is about perfect. Once you get enough light coverage, the 5000k should give you nice tight node spacing. Which in turn keep your growth relatively short and bushy.

I suggested the fixture for 2 reasons. First, it will get you a good number of bulbs without cluttering your tent. Second and more importantly, it will allow you to get your bulbs horizontal. The way you have them set up now very little of the light is directed toward the plant. Getting them horizontal instead of vertical will increase your par a ton. Don’t feel like the 2 I posted are the only answer, they are just examples. A 3 bulb fixture will do, 4 would be better. With 4 bulbs you should be running 150 plus watts, and any of those fixtures will give you a pretty even spread in a 2x2.

Now @Countryboyjvd1971 and I weren’t suggesting to have more than 3 or 4 of those bulbs. We were trying to tell you to get some 2700k bulbs for when you move into the flowering period. So you’ll run 3 or 4 of the bulbs you have now until you move to flowering, then change the bulbs to 2700k color temp. Hopefully that makes more sense?

At any rate, 3 or 4 of those bulbs set up horizontally at any time should be plenty of par. You just want a more red spectrum to create better bud growth when flowering. But you’ll want to keep the bulbs you have now aa they are great for veg stage. Please post again if you need any more clarification.

2 Likes

Since you’re using one of these, can you off the top of your head tell me how many strips of led’s each if these bulbs contain?

I’ve never handled one in person, but it looks like 4 strips offset 90 degrees, is that correct?

I’ve been trying to come up with an easy diy reflector that would be compatible with one of those 3 or 4 bulb fixtures. My feeling is that without a reflector you’re only going to get about 25% of this bulbs output directed to the plant. He’s in a tent with reflective material, so maybe that number is a little low. When you posted about side lighting it made me think that maybe an under cabinet light would be better? I haven’t seen them much more than about 10 watts, which is kinda weak. But 10 watts directly on your plant is about the same as 25% of 38 watts right, and then you’d be using all of the power you’re consuming?

Just wanted to get your thoughts since you actually have one in use.

Edit to tag @ktreez420 and make this proper.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 that was explained extremely well and clear and I’m in 100% agreement with you on this
Nice job brother @ktreez420 not sure you realized he was asking you a question about the bulb or not bro ? :+1::v::cowboy_hat_face:CB

1 Like

I can look at it tomorrow for you, but I only bought it because I got it for super cheap and thought it might work nicely. You’re 100% right when you talk about how the design is extremely inefficient at shining in one direction.

For actual supplemental side lighting I use a 5 tube T5 fixture. Now that I’m getting into LED’s though I’m going to start adding them vertically for side lighting, eventually!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with giving something a try, especially when you see a good deal. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience!

I always enjoy checking out how many different ways people introduce supplemental lighting. Anyone can jam extra lights in their tent. But there is a real art to maximizing the cost vs effectiveness. I thought I had a really good idea for a 2’x2’ I was helping set up. Linkable under cabinet lighting. I liked the way you could get 4 fixtures on 1 electrical outlet. Ultimately we determined that the cost was a little high for such little light output. But the plan was to stand each fixture up in the corners. Opted to just go with more overhead lighting instead, and adjust growing method to work with less light.

2 Likes

2 weeks into flowering

2 Likes

Did you switch the light bulbs or are you flowering them with the same feit 300w leds?

1 Like

Same question…I just started a grow with these