2 by 4 Grow Tent and Filter

Can someone tell me the proper CFM’s for a fan and filter in a 2 by 4 by 7 grow tent?

Thanks

4 Likes

Best fan by far you will never need another and just about any carbon filter will work I like the i power and vevosun

2 Likes

I have four of these for a couple of tents.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTM0H6I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are $54 a piece and have speed control. Works great for me in a 4x4 and 2x4. I also use a couple of small 4" fans under my scrog pointing forward and rearward to circulate under canopy a bit more. Fans all run 24/7.
Vivosun filter is ok for this set up
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DXYMBU6/ref=dp_prsubs_1

1 Like

Thank you for your responses! A week ago I ordered a Can-Lite, 4", 250 CFM filter and a Can-Fan HO, 4" 155 CFM fan. I that sufficient, overkill or not enough CFM for a 2 by 4 by 7 tent?

Thanks

1 Like

They get loud after time that’s why I like this one

1 Like

I run a 6 inch Vivosun Inline with speed control in my 2x4, use insulated ducting, and turn the speed down. This reduced the noise for me ALOT …

Looks good, to me. The fan has a speed control, right?

I would look into the fan that @hogmaster recommended The AC Infinity. I replaced two Vivosun Fans dues to bearing failure (loud Noise) over a period of 14 months. Check all the reviews on Amazon. They have great Customer service refunded both of my fans.

1 Like

No, it does not have a speed controller.

Your fan is rated at 150CFM, but that doesn’t account for having to push air through a carbon filter. You should be OK with that setup in your tent. All in all, you’ll be changing your air about once per minute

Mine are in the box for the dump had over a year same issue

Thanks @Hogmaster. The best thing about this forum is you can learn about issues or techniques way before you need them!! I will watch the fans and will upgrade them if they start getting worn out.
Because of the forum, I know what to watch for and what to do about issues long before the need arises! Been true about everything from curing to lighting or just simple nutrient schedules and how to adjust them under what circumstances.

1 Like

What CFM is needed for a 2x4x5’ tent? That’s 48 cf if I’m right and than how much do you need to add to compensate for the added restriction from the carbon filter?

I’d get a 150 CFM or higher with a speed controller.

Haven’t seen any under 200cfm for sale, will have to do some more shopping.

200 CFM is fine. Per your tent size, you want at least 150.

I have a 200 cfm in my 32 x 32 x 63… and turned it waaaaay down. It’s nice and quiet too