2 beauties and a runt. migro aray isn't going to be enough to save her

Looking good. Filled the in nicely.

1 Like

@Covertgrower or anyone that you think could help.

I have been battling what I thought was nitrogen toxicity. I am not certain but the claw was present.
When you look at the spots on the lower left leaf, its not water drops. And it has been happening to a few leaves over the last month. Is there something I am missing? Does it look more calmag issue to you? I am not sure where this lies on the deficiency charts.
Main symptoms is the spots then it goes full chlorosis.

I used a super soil called kryptonite. Which I likely won’t continue after this harvest.
All I’ve added was water and a couple shots of epsom salts. But backed away from the epsom when the spots turned up

Let’s do a support ticket just in case?

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Probably should have opened the journal with it.

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - kryptonite bag super soil, mykos, epsom salt, vermiculite, insect frass
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths - 7 gallon air pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) tap water only 90 ppm ph 6.5 per my eye with the strips. Bit of epsom salt. Runoff is 5.8/strips and 1350 ppm
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor - indoor
  • Light system - migro aray
  • Temps; Day, Night - day 80. Night 72
  • Humidity; Day, Night - day 40s-65 , night 65
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size t6 with filter
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, not in use but have dehu
  • Co2; Yes, No no

I have a ph pen but I haven’t calibrated it very well and now I don’t trust it. Cheap yellow one.

So its been a minute. Week 1 after moving to 12/12
Flipped gradual over 1 week.

Gave some calcium water, epsom and terp tea last water and they loved it.

The train wreck flowers so fast. Blueberry headband is just coming around now. And gorilla glue is in between.

The migro is pulling 247 watts at the wall. And it seems plenty bright enough. I like how it doesnt produce alot of heat. Running the t6 at 4 and having no issues maintaining. Again we will see. I am considering putting my vipar in over top for the last 4 weeks or so. It has some uv and just more light to power the flower.

4 Likes

Looking good. Just got me 3 trainwreck photos a gg photo going with others but im gonna watch yours finish to see. Good luck bud looks good

2 Likes

2.5 weeks at 12/12. They are growing well. The bh is stretching way more then the other two. Inhad to set up stands to help. The gg is +4.5 inches and the tw is +1.5. Makes the canopy more even so i am good with it.
I finally got some distilled water to make the 6.86 and boy I was way off on ph. Going in 7.7ish, I suppose most of my issues came from that although I was in super soil so maybe it wasn’t as bad as I think.
I am adding tea epsom and a solvable calcium and now ph to 6.5.
They seem to like the food.
The gg runoff was 6.6 and 1030
The bh runoff was 7.2 and 1000
The tw runoff was 6.6 and 880
Those seem good but it looks like I am going to run short on nutrients before chop.
The bh at 7.2, should I give water phed lower then 6.5 for that plant? Would it help even out the ph?

1 Like

The 7.2 is really close. I might suggest adding some dolomite lime, I use a sweet lime to buffer the soil so the ph stays consistent. Also allows you to not worry so much about adjusting the ph. My fish tank water I use is at 7.6 and I don’t ph. I just add a little lime or gypsum to my pot to keep the ph in check.

I used to ph my super soil and towards the end of my grow the ph would alway be around 6. I have since moved to a living soil.

1 Like

@shindig153
Now I assume you can’t buy a living soil in a bag? I see the recipes for soil but I have not gone that far. From reading your journal I see you do cool things in your pots. It is something that might come down the road, I’d just like to see a decent quality crop happen. This is my second grow and its a see if I can get it done. The first was doomed out of the gate, but I still produced something.

For this grow I got a better light and bigger pots and now I am going to try to ph the water, and hopefully that will get me the answers I need.

As for the lime, do you just sprinkle it on the top of the soil? Then water it in?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I do.

As for living soil. It took me a couple of years and several grows to get there.

1 Like

So this leaf turned up. It has been defoliated but I was wondering if its looking like anything you’ve seen. I dont see a match except for chlorine deficiency but that seems weird to me. Its from the blueberry headband. The soil is under 100 ppm but ph is 7.2 which I think is my issue.
@Covertgrower

Under 100 ppm, is the more likely reason. If that’s what’s going in.

My bad I meant below 1000 ppm on runoff.

What size pots are you in?

My plants have also turned yellow. I’m thinking it’s because they are root bound. Being root bound causes the leaves to yellow from the bottom up. I’m grow using mainly 10 gallon pots. My single 20 gallon pot maintained healthy growth throughout. I’ve run into this a lot growing in super soil and now living soil. I know it’s suggested to grow in nothing less than a 20 gallon pot for living soil.

1 Like

That one is in a 3 gal, the others are in 7 gallons.
I suppose it could be root bound by now. It was so far behind the other two I didn’t think a 7 gallon was necessary.
I went with 7 gal bags so that i could fit 3 in my 2x4 tent.
I ran into issues in week 4 last grow so i was expecting it this time.

1 Like

This is the current state of growth

Train wreck

Blueberry headband

Gorilla glue

2 Likes

Trucking along.
Dropped my ph pen in the jug. Not sure it liked that too much.
Otherwise I am getting some clolour changing. Maybe purple? Maybe about to implode I’m not really sure. They look good to me so I am hoping they are good.

Here is where were are today. 4th week flower. Seems like it needs a last defoliation.

And finally

2 Likes

Just starting week 6

I added some more soil to the pots as they were getting low and added some gaia green power bloom 2-8-6 to the top of the soil. They don’t appear too happy at the moment but I think its all good. I think there is too much nitrogen in the soil because the trainwreck seems to get clawed up easy but they don’t look super dark green so it could be other things.
Definitely some purple going on in the blueberry headband. I think it’s going to take longer then the other two. The ph has come back down getting oh water around 6 and 6.2. Runoff is 6.8 ppm was 780.
I am trying not to water to runoff too much and keep the food in the pot.
I also added my blurple above the migro. Its set to the bloom setting only as it was creating too much heat with both spectrums on, and the bloom has uv too.
Running the t6 on 4 or 5 depending on the weather. On 3 if its just the migro. Its amazing how little heat it puts off. If the buds that are present now just get nice and solid and potent, the migro will get my checkmark.
I feel pretty good about this grow. I like the idea of nutes like jacks in coco. But I like the way living soil works with the top crops and composting and worms then reusing the soil. I’m just have not looked to deep into it yet.

Trainwreck

Blueberry headband

Gorilla glue

2 Likes

Week 7 is here. Looks to be a bit further to get there.

Fed train wreck today and it has been unhappy somewhere down the line. Super spots and yellow death for some of the older fans. The new fans look ok. Just wondering if you have seen similar issues and may know what this might indicate? I think high ph locked out calcium. I think that’s what its from but I am not sure. Overall I think the plant looks like it’s on week 7 so I am not sure there is much I can do at this point. What do you think?
@Covertgrower @shindig153 @Mark0427 @Hellraiser

Update on the whole grow
Trainwreck

Blueberry headband. Gone purple!

Gorilla glue

2 Likes

There’s definitely a lock out somewhere. I see you’re almost to the end, and you could probably ride it to the end.

3 Likes