2 beauties and a runt. migro aray isn't going to be enough to save her

I figured the led itself would require constant training of plants beneath it. Not an issue for me as from the 5th node I’m heavy training to keep an even canopy.

I found a reddit forum that may interest some. Cannabonsai… it’s really impressive what folks are doing with their plants, albeit not in it for yields. At least I thought it was pretty cool.

1 Like

Why not the final home?

1 Like

Not really sure. The plan originally was solo to 1 gal to 7. But the 1 gal were delayed so I had to go to quart. My thoughts were that I would have fresh supersoil to power the flowering weeks.

Does that seem counterproductive? I could go 7 gal. Seems a pretty big jump. But i am open to it.

7 gallon would be best, less transplanting, and less work. Less time for recovery each time too.

1 Like

I appreciate your input. I will pot up to 7 this evening. Does the plant prefer a time. For example near lights out? Or more lights on?

1 Like

I don’t think it matters. Just water thoroughly.

2 Likes

Looks like you’re in good hands. Root bound would be my guess and/or a ph issue.

1 Like

So the repot happened. Into 7 gal air pots. Super soil, Vermiculite, epsom salt, insect frass.

Little bluey is dormant. I set it up on some pots to reach the light.

5 Likes

Side bar.

Outdoor trainwreck. Still showing white pistils. Will they ever stop out doors? But trichomes look cloudy. Am I impatient? Still time to bulk up?
@Covertgrower

Still got some time id say 2 weeks maybe 3. Last week is the best for them getting their taste and fatness. All the pistil will be all orang looking and curled up

1 Like

Thank you.
So it will end up similar to indoor finish look. I wasn’t sure if the white pistils ever stop in so much light. I am looking to harvest earlier to hit max thc with as little amber as possible for a day time smoke.

1 Like

Yep still more time there.

2 Likes

Back to the runt.

So bluey is coming around. it built some roots and the leaves are looking strong. Transplant coming up.

The other two.
They are stretching their legs. Looking to even up the canopy soon. I am interested in the toppping method @Hellraiser talks about in “the journal.” When do you top or where? Do you top the highest nodes once the lowers catch up? The little first nodes are struggling to make it up. Still hope.
My other thought is to scrog with super crops on a trellis net. I know this would really spread the colas out to achieve the even canopy the migro is going to need. I kind of wish that the migro had two more bars to even the light out. Maybe Shane will make the change in an aray200.

I have a gorilla shorty coming to upgrade the tent and add 8 inches in height, and the t6 is waiting too. My wife was not happy I was going to stink the house up with the outdoor just hanging to dry. So old tent and fan for temporary out door dry tent. Then old fan for the garage smoke eater. Winter is coming after all.

1 Like

I love the ac infinity fan. It maintains temp and humidity so much better then before.

The runt has made some strides. Still playing catchup. Should i raise it up to be closer to the top of the other plants?

So I went with a 3.5 scrog net. It has let me keep the growth going. I might try the topping method one day. I will still top a few of the growth tips but ill use the net to spread it out. I like how shindig pulled the net off once it hardened up. I’d like to try that but will depend on the strength of the branches.

1 Like

So i was planning to take the lower fan leaves off soon. The ones that make that skirt around the bottom. I was thinking it would help with air flow. And promote growth up higher. Do you think that is a good plan? Or should I leave them forba while. I am at 6 weeks veg right now. And I’d like the runt to catch up before I flip so a couple more weeks veg. Do I top the growth tips that reach the tent wall? Or is it better to keep tucking them over to the side?
@Covertgrower @shindig153

Thanks

I just keep tucking.

2 Likes

Looking good.

If it were me I’d start removing the lower fan leaves to help with air flow.

1 Like

Things have been going along well.
The runt has shot up and I have topped twice.
I am looking at the trainwreck and I see necrotic tissue mid leaf on older leaves at the bottom. Just small spots mid leaf. The first couple I chalked up to water spots but it still happening. Could this be calcium deficiency or just dying leaves. I don’t see it on the other two. My thought was to add some epsom salt to my waterings. They are almost 8 weeks now.
@Covertgrower

Seems ready for flip but waiting for the runt to catch up a bit more. Fill out those squares until then.

3 Likes

@Arealyoyo. Photo cheese. 4 weeks in flower 11 weeks veg almost 12. About fills a 4x4 scrog. Scrog plants look badass to me. Urs is looking good

3 Likes

The runt has come to the canopy. The other two are voracious and its all i can do to hold them back. I have been waiting to flip to hopefully extend past Christmas. No amout of pine tree smell will cover that smell up. Got a bigger filter for this run so hopefully that helps.

The migro has been working well but its about to be tested when I flip to flower next week. We will see if I get to spend more money again or not. I’ve been opening up the bottom by clearing out the shoots that won’t make it to the canopy and old fan leaves. Will clean and thin it out when I flip.

I flushed all the plants because I kept seeing nitrogen toxicity signs like curly twisty eaves and super hard claws with dark green plants. I was in a new super soil I bought but I am thinking I may need some nutes down the road now that I’ve flushed. I assume week 4ish things will go downhill. I am leaning towards jacks

Anyway heres where they are tonight.

2 Likes