2 and a half weeks in andi topped my whight widow auto did i do it right?

Im two weeks and a half weeks into my grow mabey three and Im growing a white widow auto this is my first grow and i topped my plant at the second node can someone tell me if i did it right i havent noticed plant grow in the past 2 days.

You pinched too early, most FIM or topping is done when you have your 4th or 5th leaf node. Stress will be an issue since you basically cut all your “true leaves” off, this will really set your plant back by at least 3-4 weeks.

1 Like

Not a good idea topping autos, not enuff time to benefit from it.

1 Like

Not true, I topped/FIMed and LST’ed my White Widow Autos.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Curious to see what happens. It’s likely to slow the plant down by several weeks. I had two outdoor last summer, one I left alone and the other I supercropped. The supercropping caused the plant to slow down. It went five weeks longer than the first one. If it wasn’t for bud rot it would have gone a few more weeks.
You should be alright because your plant looks healthy.

2 Likes

You need to report it immediately. Probably before you topped it. JMO

1 Like

Good catch!! I was focused on the topping and missed the small pot :persevere:

whats wrong with the pot i thought it was a good size for the plant?

At this point, you should be in a 3gal pot MINIMUM, 5 gal preferably. Pot size =root growth. Root growth =happy full plant.

2 Likes

Ok how much time do i have left for the plant to recover its about 3 weeks old.

I’d report within the week if possible.

2 Likes

Ok I have a big pot i will transplant tomorow

1 Like

Be very gentle with it and try not to disturb the roots at all.

2 Likes

Very nice!! Thats just what I always get told about autos

2 Likes

I would give your girl about a week to recover before transplanting, 2 high stressors are not good at all.

2 Likes

I’m going to follow your grow. I’ve read autos dont like to be messed with too much so I’m curious to see how shes going to act being pinched & being so young. One good thing is that they are healthy & strong. Good luck @baylieermmarino12 you are in a good place for helpful advice.:woman_farmer:

1 Like

Thankyou so much for the advice i will make sure to update you on the plant!

3 Likes

You got some great advice @baylieermmarino12 your in good hand just Holler if you need anything

2 Likes

FIMed at 2 and a half weeks this pic was at 3 weeks old at 4weeks now and In preflower