1st try at the "no nos" with autoflowers

moby dick auto, 1st ever attempt at topping and will also be doing transplant…look ok???she was topped a week ago

10 Likes

Nice job and healthy looking. I would get her into a forever home, she looks to be around week 3 and preflower and flowering is right around the corner :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

looks Ok for now. i would get her in an opaque (ideally dark) container. clear containers are not ideal because moisture plus light plus nutrients equals algae. specifically green algae, which you will be batting if you continue in clear pots. i’ve been there. green algae takes away nutrients from your plant, which is a bad thing.

2 Likes

i got a grow bag for her, shes going in real soon

3 Likes

Looks good. I just performed the same “no-no’s”
for my first time by transplanting 4 and topping 1. So far, so good. I’ll be curious how yours do too. Good luck & happy growing! :potted_plant::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Plant looks good. Also glad to hear I’m not the only one doing “No, No” only 2nd grow but I have better luck starting in a small container and transplanting autos into forever home. Looks like you will be needing to find a bigger pot for that guy soon. Good luck

What are you using for soil?

a cheap seedling starting soil

My cheap soil does not grow as well as my best with added boosters.
Seedlings notice the difference.

almost 24hrs since 2nd topping and 2nd transplant and lil moby is seems to still be standing strong

2 Likes

3 Likes

Perfect technique, I use this mod manifold a lot :love_you_gesture:

@OGIncognito since i posted the last pic ive topped for a 3rd time and did a tad bit of lollipopping- shes still growing strong as ever, only issue im seeing right now is what i think may be a ph issue, everything looks good besides leaf tips clawing downward a bit- its some cheapo soil for repotting that has no nutes in it at all and im not sure what the ph of it is, honestly never thought to test it til now, i do have a few tablespoons soaking in a bit of distilled right now, gonna check it in about another hour

1 Like

That’ll give you an idea. Usually takes about 24 hours resting. I’ve done a quick slurry to test as well. Auto or photo, sorry if that’s been stated?? Got a recent pic? Here’s a few like yours :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

its a moby dick auto

3 Likes

ive been stirring it like crazy every 15 minutes for the past hour, should i still let it just sit awhile?

Nicely done Brother :love_you_gesture:

much appreciated :pray:…i just did the quick slurry test but i did let it sit for about 4 hours total with a lot of stirring, ph said 7.0 so im not sure what to do from here, i know dolomite lime raises ph in soil but how do i lower

1 Like

That could be a little less or more with a quick test?? Catch a run off sample and check the PPMs and PH as a back up. Your suspicion of a PH issue might be right but caught in time and their thriving. Go in with the sweet spot of 6.5 plain water for the run off, then you’ll know the PH and PPMs, around 800-900 PPMs is what I like in veg and 1000-1100 in flower. When mine drops below 800 I start nutrients. We can adjust the PH lower going in to drop the PH if needed :love_you_gesture:

how about distilled, no phing involved correct

1 Like