1st true leaves turned yellow

Hi, im 1st time grower, I have 1 seedling, few weeks old, why are the bottom leaves turned yellow, I only water when dry, I use rain water. I alternate watering on left and right, ph stick says 6.5. , its in Whitney’s Farm organic & natural seed starting mix. Led light is 33 inches away. Temp 74.

2 Likes

It’s getting hungry, time to start giving it nutes.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community ,nice seedling Also time To transplant into cannabis friendly soil. She will take out quickly. Good luck

Seedlings don’t need much. I don’t feed for a few weeks, but then they go into good soil. A few more weeks and they start getting nutrients and seed starting mix won’t get it…

1 Like

Will these soil mix well for this stage til final stage & should I just move her into the 5 gallon cloth pot

Should I remove the yellow leaves? And what nuts do I give it

1 Like

Will these leaves recover or do I need to clip them @TokerGuy . Im going to transplant tomorrow in better soil, they are in seed starter soil right now. 3weeks old

1 Like

I would give it a feeding of nutrients but i would only mix 1-1.5 mls of nutrients in water

Yes clip the yellow leaves, they aren’t needed now anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah you can pinch off the yellow leaves, and if you transplant into that super soil then probably don’t need any nutes for a while but eventually you will.

1 Like

This is my soil mix.

4 parts coco coir
1 part composted manure/worm castings
1 part perlite

My seedlings and rooted clones go into this in quart sized bags. They are good for their first month or so. When I transplant, I amend the soil with Happy Frog dry amendments. Then I top dress every month at half strength with the occasional tea.

Actually, I just pop the quart bag into the new pot. Roots will grow through the bag.

@Hellraiser @RicWrench @dirtydave @BayKush . Thank you so much all!! I’m learning so much. I know I get ahead of myself, but im so excited to do all this. I have chickens, a small pond with gold fish, many home resources to work with in the future, as of now I ordered Great white notes, cal mag plus, I also started a meal worm farm , eventually I will have my own castings I think. I catch rain water in a 250gallon container for chickens and plants, I heard the great white will help make the transplant go well, that should come tomorrow, hopefully my little girl can hold on til then, I will clip the yellow leaves off today, I will clean scissors well before using

3 Likes

If you can collect that chicken manure it would be an excellent resource.

1 Like

I agree, I’ve heard its super hot, so during this coming year I’m gonna start a composting pile for it

2 Likes

Definitely. They look good. Just cut those yellows. Clean and tight.