1st timer who needs help with sex

Is it too soon to tell the sex of this plant yet? They are about 35 days from germination, and they were supposed to be on week 4 of feeding schedule, but the plant in this picture started getting too big, so I had to switch them over to flowering 6 days ago. She’s only 22" from the light and I can’t move the light up, so hopefully she chills a bit.

This plant in particular has the most preflowers. The other ones are just starting, and I have no idea if she is a girl or that other word I shall not speak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That looks suspiciously male. Keep an eye on it for a couple of more days, but I’m pretty sure those are male parts forming.

6 Likes

@oldmarine has some good comparison photos.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Give it a few more days. Keep an eye on it.

3 Likes

Ok thanks a lot everyone. If I’m still unsure, I’ll post some pics on Sunday.

Would definitely be a downer, but I’ve got 2 others thar are only an inch or 2 behind that one, and 2 shorter ones. One of the shorter ones actually was getting a lack of nutrients so I added another mister, and she’s alive, but she could definitely use the middle of the light, which the one in question currently has dibs on. Some thinning is needed either way.

Thanks again.

Had to put him down…the root mass on this guy was just enormous, but he had those little balls popping up in groups of 3 everywhere, and even those ones that are on a little stem like in your pics. He was just taking up so many resources, it had to be done

Not easy putting the first one down. Lol

1 Like

Karla freaked when I pulled a few males last year (bag seeds). They were all over 10’.

2 Likes

Wow…that thing would have been through the roof of my tent. Mine was only 2 feet, but im only working with about 3.5’ of space, so he seemed enormous. I also didn’t realize how bad the runt was until I removed him. Looking like a Charlie brown tree

1 Like

Meet CB. Karla calls her Charlie Brown’s pot plant.

4 Likes

Things adorable lol! My charlie brown is on the left. Excuse the purple, for some reason that’s how my camera pick it up

1 Like

Pretty funny title

5 Likes

Oh my gosh did I just fond my first pistils? Is that what they look like?

1 Like

Notice the similarities? That’s why you wait. If the balls show a pistil, you’re good. If they start to protrude and/or dangle, they are male parts.

2 Likes

Yea its crazy how close they are…especially the one on the left. I guess I should get her under center of the light where the male was…ha this day wasn’t so bad afterall. This is the good stuff lol

I have read so many hours on the subject of preflowers…shape of plant, crossed stipules, spade like shape…cant rely on any of that apparently.

Such a relief to get her too. I was so worried they were all going to be male. The rest is just icing. Figured this is my learning grow. I bought these off closetcatseeds and then I got 5 feminized blueberry og for my next grow. Maybe even some Russian kush og x blueberry og breeding in the future (that male would have been the one too).

I am amped lmao

1 Like

Nothing beats experience…

4 Likes

Damn straight

1 Like

@ExoFly I’ve tagged you in one of my grows. I had a few males on that one

1 Like

Thanks bro

1 Like

I’ve found pistils on all 3 if the bigger ones, and that was what I was hoping for from the start…3 females. So I got lucky. Here they are in their final spots. I cannot wait to watch the flowering process unfold. Thanks again for your help.

2 Likes