What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS - No Nutrients Yet

Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor

Light system, size? Flourescent grow @ 12" for seedlings only

Temps; Day, Night 70/70

Humidity; Day, Night 35/35

Ventilation system; NO

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, NO

Co2; Yes, No NO

I germinated in water for 24 hours. Planted seeds in peat pots and placed them on top of a heating mat. Used potting soil with no additives. Soil ph is 8. Using distilled water. Have not used nutrients. Fluorescent lighting @ 12" is just for early stage sprouts, will finish my grow set up this weekend. They will be under a Platinum 600 LED supplemented with CFLs along the sides.

This day 5 from the start. The seedlings appear to be stretching. All help is appreciated.

The fluorescent light and be closer I believe. Can you post some pictures so we can have a better idea of it? PH sounds a little high to me.

1 Like

@Hawkeye_diesel is on track your fluorescent lights can be a little closer and ph is to high

I had my fluorescents about 3" above my seedlings. I put my hand between to make sure it wasn’t hot.

2 Likes

I use the back of the hand method. If it’s too hot for your hand it’s too hot for your plant

1 Like

You beat me to it

1 Like

Ph is high for sure. I have no feeling in the back of my hand so I can blister my skin before I realize I’m too close to the light :flushed: I have to watch the plants. If they are stretching I move the light closer and if they are growing multi nodes but not getting taller I move it further away

3 Likes

I’ll put a flexible desk lamp with a cfl on the table this afternoon. I don’t know how to adjust the ph. How do I bring it down? I took some pictures but can’t figure out how to attach them yet, I’m kind of a low tech guy. My wife is high tech and can help me with that tonight. Thank to all for your help. It is much appreciated and I will report back.

1 Like

Most people use something lie this.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-pH-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=pd_sim_469_3?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

When you are in the typing screen, click the arrow looking icon to attach a photo. You can also copy & paste them in.

1 Like

Thank you, Matthew. Pictures follow.

1 Like

You are very welcome! :slight_smile:

What kind of bulb is in that desk lamp? Looks pretty yellow and you want brite white. 5500k-6500k.

1 Like

Basic Home Depot, Philips 100 watt, 1600 lumens. Looks like another lesson learned! What do you suggest?

Is it a halogen or socket style bulb? You might just be able to replace the bulb.

If not, a clamp light with a 6500k CFL would work. Maybe a couple.

I’m sure these are available at your local hardware store.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E9IY6US/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M6SR1JM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

It is socket style

Maybe just the CFL bulb then. 5500K-6500K (daylight to daylight deluxe) for veg which is blue heavy. Flower will be 2500k - 3000k which is heavy in red.

the 'K" is not the lumens, it’s the color. Just in case there is any confusion.

2 Likes

There is no “K” reference on the package, just says ‘soft light’, so “konfused” can be my middle name! It’s on to Amazon tonight for the ph adjusters and the bulbs. Thanks so much for your help. You guys are the best!

1 Like

K is for kelvin I believe

2 Likes

Soft is a low K for flower. Shoot for Daylight Deluxe

2 Likes

Ok so do you have a plan in mind for when they grow cuz we will get you overwhelmed by their progress if you let us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

First do you have a Grow room set up? That P600 will cover a 4x4 area if I remember. I haven’t used that one but many here have.

I would get a stake on those and keep them damp but not wet.those pots hold moisture pretty well - easy to overwater.

If you already have the led you could use that for babies if you keep it far enough away. I sprout under leds exclusively

That one was three weeks old from seed.

2 Likes