1st timer just after any advice on my set up and grow

1st grow looking for any input or advice I’m running a 8 pot RDWC in a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2 m tent with mars hydro ts1000 & greenfingers 2000w(eBay led) they are feminised AK-47 and 1 feminised lemon skunk all photos , I’ve made pretty much every mistake you can during first few weeks and just got a nutrient wand today and nutrient was wayyyy over have drained some of the water and will bring nutrient back down to recommended levels over a few days as I was worried about shocking them again also had root rot about a week ago but have recovered after hydrogen peroxide treatment thanks in advance for any help much appreciated.

6 Likes

Looks good. You’ve done a lot of homework for a first timer.

2 Likes

Cheers that’s a relief to hear the seeds popped on the 28th July , 5th August and 12th August wasn’t sure if they’re on target I have topped them and used LST to keep short while others catch up has been interesting

Only suggestion I have is that you might want to flip them to flower early. You won’t want them getting too big, particularly with your tent size and lighting.

1 Like

Thanks yes I am concerned about lighting for flower as I started very cheap with a green fingers tent kit , 6 inch ducting and scrubber and 2000w (not even close) led I bought the mars ts1000 last week but still not sure how flower will go , par and DLI are pretty even over canopy but not sure how coverage will go once it’s at 18 inches and have no idea whether I should scrog as I planned

Also I’m in Australia so all measurements are metric meters etc should I change to feet , inches and Fahrenheit to avoid confusion ?

You can do what you are comfortable with. You’ll see many metrics here that are in imperial measurements, but Google or a decent calculator can help you convert.

1 Like

There looking good

1 Like

Cheers has been a learning experience

Looks like u have a damn sponsor or something haha

1 Like

Sponsored and inspired by covid 19 border lockdowns drying up everything here for months oh and Mars Hydro! with such a large range of effective lighting solutions and fantastic customer support ! I’ll never shop anywhere else ! Open to sponsorship btw as I’m broke now and Mars was the only decent thing in my price range…

1 Like

if someone feels the measurements are best understood in Fahrenheit or Centagrage…they can access conversion charts.
Use what you know. We will figure it out.

2 Likes

Cheers appreciate all feedback I can get at the moment

btw, unless the smaller plants are auto’s…there will be problems with different growth patterns. meaning if they are photo’s, the shorter flowering light time will force them to flower too soon.
Personally, I keep all the plants in a grow the same strain. Unless I am “trying” a new strain out. Also…always use Fem’d seeds.
no fun putting love n time into plants that turn out to be harvest killing seed growing males. bag seeds…will be 20% to 80% male

1 Like

They’re AK47 feminised and two lemon skunk I’ve set up a two big pot system today and ordered another mars ts600 to go in a 3’ x 3’ tent to put the lemon skunk into the other smaller and different shape ones are one mutant that got wet by the halos I had on initially and came up munted and self topped and then I gave them all a good dose off light burn with the blurple monster that has PAR readings all over the place compared to the mars they have really thick trunks and main branches but the nodes are really close together and crowds itself constantly whereas the ones under the mars have a more normal looking height and proportion I had never looked into hydroponics until about six weeks ago so has been a really steep learning curve and have been pushing the system with 8 pots and been throwing extra lights at it etc cheers to Bill Ward on YouTube for being the most straight up easy to understand beginners tutorials and putting me into ILGM

1 Like

Can all the stress I’ve put them thru flip them to male even though they’re feminised ? I got them from Holland

Yes you can stress your feminized plants to herm in flower. I stress my plants out with heavy training in veg. If you can, avoid heavy stress in flower to prevent herms. Things such as light leak, dramatic temp changes, damage to the main stem can all lead to herms.

Should be fine. Just make sure you let the ladies get comfortable and stress free for a few day’s prior to flip to flower (12/12)

Love the AK47 strain. I used to grow it quite a bit. Hybrids with medium height, but good yields.

My knowledge of dwrc is limited, but your plants look healthy. Welcome to the community

1 Like

Cheers so far I’ve given the first four lightburn , root rot and checked nutrient ppm a few days ago when I received my nutrient wand and it was at 1600ppm I’ve bought it back down to 800ppm I really don’t know how they’ve survived and res temp was getting up to 27/28 even with ice packs bringing it down to 20 c so I’m going to move the res outside the tent where temp is around 18 c and hope this works to prevent root rot oh and I had green algae , leaks , uneven RDWC pot water levels , pinholes leaking light on every stitch so I’m hoping they’re not too abused roots are white and huge now and they’re growing around 2 inches a day on 18/6 here some pics from today new tent and pots with reservoir and air and wrapped the reservoir in an emergency blanket until I move it out side which is keeping temps down a little but still sitting at 25c should I be aiming for 18c/20c?

1 Like

When I grew dwrc I needed a water chiller. Nothing I did combatted the high res temps after a a day. I aimed for 65-68 degrees for res temps

The great thing about weed is it grows like weed. Even after all the plants have gone through they can still make it.

Learning experience

1 Like

Also should I’ve worried about smell I’ve read ak47 can really give off a pungent smell? I have decent size carbon filter with big fan sucks the walls in nicely and I have a four inch cool air intake exiting ontop of the reservoir lid to try to cool it