1st timer here, Is this Super skunk auto Ready to Harvest?

Probably lock out. Idk the PPMs of your bottled water going in. But if it is 6.0+ going in and around 5 going out that’s a 1 point drop. Lock out. Means your plants aren’t eating. Literally starving.

Flush with dechlorinated tap until you reset the ph and do a full feed immediately after the flush.
Why dechlorinated tap? Has a decent ph. Free. Perfect for flushing.

As your ppms go down, your ph will be going up. Flush until you hit 6.3-6.5.

Full strength feed water immediately after. pH it to 6.8. If you have recharge add 1/2 tsp of that to 8oz of water. Pour the recharge solution in AFTER you do the full feed. Yes, separately. Recharge provides microbes, food for the microbes, and acids to make your nutrients more immediately available to your roots. Should aid in a faster recovery. Track the PPMs in the run off from the nutrients if it comes out under 1000, you’ll be feeding again next time it gets dry.

After your soil pH is stable I’d do 1/2 teaspoon of lime per gallon of soil in each pot. Just sprinkle it on top. $5 bag from a hardware store organic garden lime. Will last you forever.

After the steps have been taken pull all the bad leaves so it will be easier to track if it spreads. :v:t3::sunglasses::dash::dash:

2 Likes

Low soil pH can also act like lock out because the plants won’t eat. Gotta be 6.0-6.8 range for them to uptake the nutrients. Preferably 6.3-6.5, and watering soil in at 6.5-6.8. So it’s either a salt build up causing the lock out that made your pH drop, or low soil pH keeping your plants from eating. Either way, a flush will be a pain in the ass but it will reset your parameters.

Thanks for the tag @Docnraq
I’m out of likes for the day.

2 Likes

I think for the most part it’s been covered. Yes, they’re showing n tox, but they look pretty good. Just pay attention how much you’re feeding after the flush, and you should have her straightened out.

2 Likes

What they said.

2 Likes

Doesn’t get much more pro then these folks. Thanks @Claybo got to help you and see if I was right. I was, got a bit o confidence outta this :slight_smile: let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Unbelievable Doc!
Is that what they mean by " calling in the cavalry"? I have read what these posts say over and over again, understanding a little bit more of what they said each time. I’m going to do my best at their suggestions. Sounds like they’ve been around the block a few times and know their gouvna! I’m going to get started on this immediately, and I’m sure you’ll be relieved to know that I’ll never put anything in or take anything out of those girls without checking the pH or any girls for that matter. I also have the pH up and down arriving in the mail today. (along with a ton of other goodies)

@Low I’ve read many pages on your form since joining this form a few months ago, thank you VERY much for taking your time and offering your expertise, very much appreciated! Thank you!

@Hellraiser i’ve read even more of your pages, well into the hundreds, you also have some great interesting journals and posts. You really get around, both you and Low as I see you posting at many forms. Thank you much Hellraiser, again it’s very much appreciated that you guys are helping out my girls, thank you!

@Covertgrower thank you for your concern also, you guys are great! You know for quite some time, years now I’ve noticed it’s become a doggy dog world out there, but the people on these forums couldn’t be more friendly, more helpful, and very concerned to help out their fellow mankind (and Gal’kind;), thanks much!

@Docnraq thank you for getting the ball rolling, going to do my best at “their demands”. I hope I can measure up to their beliefs on my expertise to be’ and getting these plants healthy. Thanks much Doc! Oh and I’ll always try to pay it forward like you mention (just from reading all these forums, I’ve helped out a lot of friends and people in the neighborhood with what I’ve learned at ILGM, NY went to legal in April so now everyone and their brother is a Cannabis farmer! lol! Thanks Doc!!

Ps.i’m going to flush them pots again today, as well take readings. I’m also going to take a much needed Photoshoot thx again!

7 Likes

Hey no problem, I’m the new guy here and have learned a lot in my brief stay from the great people here. Still always more to learn. I like sharing what I’ve learned, from my experience and the guidance I’ve received.

The other guys mentioned are way more qualified! Lol.

Thanks, happy growing, good luck with the flush.

4 Likes

@Low don’t be modest, you saved my last grow and thought me how to handle my nutes and soil in the future. Your a pro and just don’t know :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words!

2 Likes

Thanks for contributing, our members make it what it is!

4 Likes

I did another full flush of the pots. I didn’t trust that I calibrated the meters correctly the first time because of such horrible numbers so I re-calibrated the meters and took readings again, twice. The numbers were basically the same other than a bit of difference in the right direction. I watered them all and gave the large plant some Tiger Bloom (she’s in 12/12 land) and the others some Grow Big and Big Bloom.(I’m considering flipping the other two to 12/12) I trimmed most all the affected fan leaves on all of them other than one or two on the auto cola. (it only has a few left other than sugar leaves)and also took new photos that I will attach.

The pH up and pH down arrived so I made batches of nutrients, FF trio, and Cal mag and set the PH a bit high 7.0-7.2 to compensate a little bit for the low pH soil as well PH’ed the bottled water to 7.0 hoping this might bring up the soil pH. The lime arrived and I am going to apply it tonight after their feeding. Can someone tell me exactly how to apply it and how much? I believe the directions posted was a teaspoon per gallon of soil? Is it OK to apply it now tonight after their feeding by just sprinkling the above amount on the surface of the soil?

I am going to check the auto with the jewelers loop tonight cause I think it’s getting close to harvest day. Also I have a new baby SS auto (only the second seed out of 10 that sprouted, I think I have one or two more seeds to try, but most of the packet was duds. It was doing beautiful in the germination tank until it touched the roof and it was time to move her on out to the stall under the 5000k 75W Cob. She looked beautiful for two nights just giving her a little water at night and a little water in the morning. On the third night I flooded the 6" pot as most are saying flood/drought is the way to go with watering. The very next day several leaves showed damage. It was plain water with no nutes. All I can think of is when I flooded the pot, the Foxfarm Happy Frog soil released too much nutrients at one time. Is this possible? She’s only had water since day one. She broke soil July 23. I will attach photos. Should I begin giving her nutrients or cCal-mag? Thanks for any help, thanks guys! Happy growing!

IMG_3429|375x500

1 Like

@Covertgrower can you assist this new grower? See above.

1 Like

Hey Doc!:slight_smile: good morning, Check this out, just happened, gave the young photo some grow big, and some big bloom pH’ed at 7 last night.(I hit the large photo with16 ounces of Tiger Bloom mix and she looks great this morning, happy and dark copperverdie green), but the smaller photo, it’s only the first feeding after 2 full flushes,the nutes were all measured and PH adjusted and look what happened to a leaf this quick. If I remember right I think that’s something with either potassium or hmm I forget, maybe nitrogen.(that’s how we become pros, is remembering stuff like that :slight_smile: I am kind of thinking that this Foxfarm trio is more trouble than it’s worth. Thanks Doc for checking in and ringing the help bell lol, thx, much appreciated. (this has been one long hell of a first grow:)
Ps. Check out the photos of the auto cola this morning, she’s looking sweet!

2 Likes

Not at all. You gotta remember that any food you gave them prior to the proper ph’ing has been trashing your ph and collecting because it was never being eaten, your next efforts will be drastically improved because you now have the gear and the knowledge of its proper use.
@MidwestGuy that dark dark green with all the twisted leaves screams of N tox yeah? @Budz any input? @Myfriendis410 anything you can suggest to get this grow back on track?

I just posted on carpenters forum to see if he thought this was ready for harvest, I have no idea guys because my jewelers loop won’t work. These were photos from earlier tonight and a few from the night before (just remembered that I could invite you @Carpenter over here by tagging you, apologies for asking advice on your forum, i’m still getting the hang of how to use these forums to one’s advantage),oh and Doc, I officially have all three plants flipped to 12/12, i’ll get some photos up of the other two plants soon enough, I have one plant going for my second grow, and I’m hoping for two more that will consist of what carpenter grew,… the candyland n the blue, two of the most awesome plants I’ve seen in a while! Thanks guys, thanks Carpenter, thanks Doc!

4 Likes

atleast 1 more week. in my humble opinion

3 Likes

I forgot to mention. Candyland peyote came from seedsman seeds, Blue cheese is a seed from an Indica plant that I grew but I’m certain with blue cheese. Smelled exactly like blue cheese after cure!

2 Likes

I’ve never harvested a plant with so much white hair. Only person who can tell she is done. Is you, standing there with a jewelers loop. Trust y0ur gut, harvest when YOU are ready.

You were not exaggerating about that cola!!! It is amazing.

1 Like

Yeah Doc, Great advice, but to tell you the truth, shhhh don’t tell anyone,…I was kinda hoping everyone would say it’s not ready Cuz I’m gonna miss that lil girl, like they say, you never forget your first! lol, I’ve been nursing her day and night since May15 and the tent just won’t be the same without’er!:wink: By the looks of the tri’s she’s got about another two days and then she gets the hatchet. Any advice on where to chop first? some say to chop it at the base and hang the entire plant for a couple days so all the THC and other yummy’s drain down into the bud out of the stalk. Also, would you hang and dry the whole cola whole or break it all apart into small chunks? The countdown is on, tick, tick, tick,…?

2 Likes