1st timer, Help greatly appreciate

This is like day 6 or 7 i believe. Screenshot - e47fe13a0bfadc5d3fe7545565f742f1 - Gyazo and Screenshot - 2d46316fa7fd7138321a05a3cd24c129 - Gyazo

My question is, when do I move the plant to the DWC bucket with nutrients and under the grow light?

That little girl looks very stretched. I had to wait for my buckets to get here, but I would wait till you have an established root system before you add nutrients, as I am a new grower, take my advice with a pinch of salt, how far away are the lights from her and what type of lights are you moving her into and what are they now?

This is a support ticket, incase you run into problems, you can fill it out an someone will be there to assist you. Welcome to the community.

"COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you"
After just put the @ symbol before, garrigan62, hammer, lakewood and by that time someone shoukd be along to help

Right now its just under a crap ceiling light while it gets established roots, I didn’t want to burn it. The light it is going to end up under is gonna be a 300w MarsHydro LED light.

Oh ok, I’m not too familiar with led’s I just started using one for my experimental box. @Hogmaster, @garrigan62. Sorry to bother y’all, but y’all can help him more than I can, I only know so much.

Use the back of your hand to Guage the temp of the light, if it’s too hot for your hand under it for 10 seconds then too close and back off a little bit and when it gets comfortable for your hand it shoukd be a good distance for your little girl. That’s how I establish how far my lights are, but that is just in my opinion. I hope this helps and someone with a few more grows under their belt should be chiming in and help a little.more, I hope I’ve helped. If you have any questions or need anything just @Hawkeye_diesel

Diesel

1 Like

@BrotherManBill I would get it in the pot soon as possible I take it you are using soil or are you going to do hydroponics if you’re going to do soil put it in its final resting pot or you can put it in a smaller pot and transfer later I like to put mine directly in its home if you’re getting a mars Hydro very similar to the light I have are usually keep mine around 2 foot away from it but add soil a ways up your root to make sure it is firm meaning you can add dirt up your stem to stabilize it and make a better root system i use Foxfarm ocean soil but I would get that final resting place

It’s home is going to be a Hydroponic bucket with airpump and under the 300w Mars hydro LED. So I should move it to the bucket under the light now? Should I start with nutrients now or wait? And also what schedule should I put the lights on? 16 hours on 8 off?

No nutrients I am a soil grower let me tag a few people for you I can help you with the hydroponic end but I would say yes get it in its final resting place soon @ktreez420 @Usmcjojo @garrigan62 @latewood @Paranorman @bob31 @Majiktoker

1 Like

I use 18 on and 6 off, some do 20.on and 4 off, some do 24 on the whole time before they switch it to flower. It entirely up to you. I know there is somethin somewhere out that that I read about 24 hour lighting, after a certain number of hours the plants stops taking it in or something like that maybe. I used 18/6 and mine seem to love it.

18/6 is fine

1 Like

Thank you very much for the assistance @Hogmaster and @Hawkeye_diesel . I greatly appreciate the help

1 Like

Not a problem brother, I don’t know much, but what I do know I love to help. I know how much help, helps haha. It’s nice having people you can ask and get good advice. If you ever need anythin, just @ me brother

Diesel

I may experiment with duration of lighting next crop, and see how 18/6 and 20/4 stack up next to each other. I’ll use the same strain and sacrifice my 3ft cloner and use it for the 20/4 while.my tent stays 18/6

1 Like

Like @Hawkeye_diesel said. Use the back of your hand, if your hand is uncomfortable so is your plant.

Will

1 Like

I got to be honest im a soil guy i know some hyro and will reply to only a few. But lets call @Hammer now he’s all hydro

Will

1 Like

I keep forgetting the hammer is on here as well

@Hawkeye_diesel

ya he is good. its what he grows in.

Will

I just forgot that they aren’t bound to the lab fourm haha

It’s all good my friend

1 Like

I have a Mars 300 LED and it works great. I am strictly soil right now, maybe later hydro. The light source should be close to the leaves to prevent the stretching you are getting. For flourescent tubes and CFL bulbs you can be 4-6 inches from the plant and not hurt it. First time using the LED it is really easy to burn the plant. With the stalks that long and skinny, it is really easy to bend over or snap off the stalks. I use a small fan over the plants so it just sways it gently in the breeze, not moving too much. It helps strengthen the stems. I believe that Rhino additive can be used also to strengthen the stems although I have never needed it.

Hammer is the best one to talk to about hydro. He can tell you about when to put the seedling in your system. Good luck. I want to watch this as I hope to start a hydro grow and I can learn with you. Jerry

Jerry, you could check mine out, my first grow was soil and I am on my second. 2 hydro and 2 soil plants.