1st timer doing 16 autos at same time. 100% organic grow

I have tds/ec digital meter the OZARKA has ppm 210-220 ppm no clue about the soil but at 40 days in wouldnt i know by now if there was a problem with the soil

1 Like

The problem with most deficiencies is that by the time you see the effects your plants have been dealing with the issue for a few weeks
That why we recommend know your base number
Ph and ppm
More so you have a idea ahere tbings are at
I dont see any issues as of right now

@dowencarson it can take a while for problems to show up. And since we don’t know the source of the problem, then theres a chance your soil could be too acidic or neutral or a number of things! But dont fret! Tons of helpful people with vast amounts of knowledge to get you through this!

1 Like

I just bought 30 smart pit 5 gal bags never eveen seen these before but when my 20 wwa arive all 20 going in them for my second run maybe easier to do all the same instead of the mix pack im doing this time

1 Like

Possibly. Light sources that are heavy in red without much or any blue (hps) tend to make plants stretch a little more anyway. Even those leds appear to be hps like spectrums. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see a little longer node spacing.

I would do as bob31 directed, check heat with back of hand at canopy level. If it gets uncomfortably hot the lights are too close. But kind of see if you can lower a little based on that.

2 Likes

@dowencarson most people use 3gal for auto plants snce they dont get as big. You can use 5 gal pots, but thats gonna be a lot of unnecessary soil

I forgot to mention i bought tube lights hps i dismantled them and am using them raw no glass just fixture screwed to reflector

That’s fine if you don’t need the benefit of air cooling your hood. The glass actually hampers light intensity a little. Not much, but a little.

1 Like

I have all the northern lights in 3 gal and they are the smallest of all my plants $ is of no concern to me only getting the best tasting smelling flowers with decent yield tired of people thinking that man is better than nature all organic is better in my opinion as a most of my life user the best flavors and smells have not come from hydro it was medical grade WWA that has set me on this path i literally fell in love with it first time i tried it no comparison organic is the best

@dbrn32 I believe you can loose up to 5% with the glass installed and I noticed many of the led cob and standard fixtures are removing the glass from the fixtures all together now just and observation
And i posted above lol they made it a little confusing when the gave bob and i the same icon hahaha
Not that i care if bob get credit for a post haha

1 Like

Lol im just exstatic to finally be able to ask questions and get feed back from exp growers lots of people will give feed back but have bever even germinated a single seed so im all ears

3 Likes

Ok i run my own forestry service so i make my own hours but i have to put in some time everyday or i will go bonkers in this house so im going to go for now love being on the end of a chainsaw all day be back at 3:30 talk to you guys then and i can post the pics of the amnesia hazes and the low riders

1 Like

Are your NL autos?

Awesome? I think so smells are so pugnet alllready like a smorgas board when i pull up the door

Sure did lol, sorry about that!

I agree 100%, and rightfully so about anything covering your light source regardless of the type. Probably even more so with the leds. If you noticed, the majority of amazon fixtures usually have a polycarbonate cover over each individual led, and then another for the entire fixture lol. Worst part is, some of them advertise like its fa good thing lol.

Even a really good lens, is going to cost some photons. It will generally create a more focused beam that has an increase in light intensity. The cost is less coverage and overall light. Certain situations could justify it, but most are going to benefit from running without. If you notice, it’s usually the first thing I recommend on underpowered grows. Especially with household leds.

2 Likes

Doing four strains at same time in a single room is nice the room is a cellar hand built its specs are 12 foot long by 7 foot wide by 6 foot tall two vent ports 1 in and 1 out closest neighbors are over a mile away so the big expensive carbon filter i bought is now a table to set stuff on lol

2 Likes

Thats a nice size grow room @dowencarson

I can go on all day im so excited im learning something new and something im so pationate about to but im off to fell some big oaks be back later and thank you guys so much ill post the rest of the girls when i return later everyone

1 Like

@dowencarson have fun with the oaks
Woohoo next years fire :fire: wood

Thanks for the tag @velcroThumb looks like by the time the sunrise came around everyone had this straightened out.
@dowencarson ph is important! Nice grow room!

1 Like