1st time SOG adventure

Can you mount uvb bulb off center or something to get further away from tallest colas?

These are all the reasons I’m not a big proponent of the uv. Half the scientifically completed studies show no difference in cannabinoids or yields. The studies that do support it aren’t groundbreaking differences either. But it’s well documented that you can get yourself into trouble with it pretty quickly, and we know you can grow some damn good weed without it. So the risk vs reward is just too high for me to be confident at coaching someone on it from afar.

I do not use uva or uvb. I would just count days forward and backward. I tried to see when you actually flipped to 12/12. Did not find it.
I would count something like this:
breeder’s flower time (I used ILGM green crack strain info) 10 weeks = 70 days
transition period - from flip to flower days - guess to be simple = 7 days
flowering stage days = 77.
Based on the day count figure out when you want to start UV lights and for how long.

1 Like

Flipped to 12/12 august 12th noticed first buds forming sept 2nd. I can offset the UVB. I thought about switching the SOG setups side to side to gain more clearance for the right side thats 5 inches from the light but thats just gonna suck to do lol

Date flipped 8/12/22
Flowering stage start 9/2/22 - wow that is 21 day transition period. Usual time is around 10 days. The GDP I am growing took 14 days to have buttons.
Current post date 9/21/22 Days from flip to current is 40 days

1 Like

Yeah thats why i was wondering if i should include that in the flowering time overall or not as it was a full 3 weeks before actual flowering

1 Like

My understanding is breeder’s flower time estimate is after transition. I guess 8 - 10 weeks sounds a whole lot better than 10 - 12+ weeks.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on the pistils for any new growth or change in color and receding pistils. If all looks good and im on track for my expected 3 week time frame by next week (friday sept 30th) still then ill switch on UVB. Im thinking at this point its still give or take a week until we get further down the road but it still wouldnt hurt to try and swap those SOG setups around so the big ones on the right can get a bit chilly and produce more trichomes being closer to the ac unit

While @SparkUp (my fiance) watered the plants today i came down and noticed a monster seed on one plant and just spent 20 minutes combing thru all the nugs and couldnt find another one or any signs of a nanner anywhere. Im keeping my eyes peeled from here on out but havent seen any other concerning signs. I did eat the seed because i have more green crack seeds and just wasnt worried. When i bit into it it was almost like eating a fruit gusher. It exploded when i bit into it and was a very pleasant fruity taste almost like fruit gushers. Here is where the seed was this big folded leaf/calyx

2 Likes

Now for the good news. These ladies are still bulking up besides that previous issue. Still seeing white pistils popping up and new growth. Having @SparkUp do some trichome pics now for me that will be uploaded shortly

20220925_191810

1 Like

Heres the cool double headed nugs again

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Yall think the nugs without white pistils are seeded and thats why im not seeing new growth as its focusing on seed growth? I mean some of the ones that dont have new growth on one branch have new growth on other branches of the same plant. Also i didnt see anymore seeds in any of the plants just that 1 massive seed. Like legit the biggest pot seed ive seen and it wasnt even mature it was still bright green. Regardless i still plan on harvesting the plants seeded or not but just curious if im overthinking things as some plants can just have 1 or 2 seeds and none throughout the rest of the plant. Also ive been making sure everything is in check and im not stressing them too much so hermie or bad luck? Lol. Thoughts? @Spiney_norman @Docnraq @beardless

Never seen it like that before. Could be seeding

I checked pretty thoroughly looking for any nanners or swollen and hard calyx. Didnt find anything and ended up a sticky mess. Not sure what would cause them to seed. I would find it weird if it were genetics or phenotypes to blame and only 1 plant has seeds as they are all clones from the same mother plant but im also not sure what would cause it to hermie either as I’ve dialed in both the timers to kick on almost the same exact time of each other, checked multiple times for any light leaks and covered all leds of any color. When i get a chance again ill check the very bottom nugs something tells me one of them if nothing else is the nanner culprit

1 Like

Well i searched all the bottom nugs and even bent over those really big tops on the right side in preparation for the uvb flip on the 30th. Didnt find any nanners or seeds but ill be keeping an eye out

Well back at my dads again. Wondering how much longer i can keep this outdoor experiment going? My dad said temps got down to 39 degrees last night

1 Like

Watered both tents today. Havent been keeping up to date with the veg tent on here but i started LST and just cleaned out all interior branches and only left the branches outside the pot diameter to encourage outward growth and will be using pipe cleaners as tie downs until the branches reach too far out then i will use LST trainers. Flower tent is looking amazing. Been keeping my eye out and havent found anything else bad yet

1 Like

Alright now im gonna need yalls help. Am i in my 3 week window for head high not couch lock? If so ill flip to UVB. Doesnt seem like they have much longer maybe 4 weeks max. Seeing very few amber right now @Docnraq @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @Caligurl @beardless @beachglass @Spiney_norman

2 Likes