BigCats perpetual grow

Well the seedlings are looking a whole lot better after 1 day of sunlight but im left scratching my head on how this project is gonna work at all as no one want to do anything with it but me. The plants being in a solo cup i thought would be ideal to chase the sunlight but without anyone here to do that im wondering if i should dig a hole where they will end up anyways and just put the solo cup (with drainage holes) slightly in the ground but sticking out 3-4 inches and bury the rest to prevent them from falling over. Also not sure how long the domes could be left on as 1st rain fall that hits while im gone will beat the plants up. Thinking the domes will come off today before i leave knowing its another 6-7 days before im down again and they might outgrow the domes before i get back too. Any outdoor grower thoughts? @Storm @HMGRWN @BudzMS @plumbdand @Chopps @dirtydave

3 Likes

You do have to be careful not to cook them in their sauna

3 Likes

Yeah i took them off just a bit ago. My dad knocked over the godfather OG yesterday and her stem looks a bit rough. Like a tiny string. Wouldnt be surprised to come back next week to her being dead. The gold leaf is doing great tho. I put them in a weighted container and they will stay on a elevated bed where it typically gets 10 hours of light a day

4 Likes

Well i got back home to deal with my own ladies. I just topped all 3 sunset sherbert ladies, started LST, and watered. The flower tent got watered to runoff then got some recharge. They are stacking buds up nicely

Before topping and LST

After topping and LST

4 Likes

I did water only on the veg tent today. Some of the new growth was curled up weird, a little bit dark green, and saw some burnt tips. Made the veg tent its own water as i was using the flower tent water diluted and i guess that was too much. Next time i water i will go back to feeding for the veg tent and adjust the ties and change from side to side till the branches are long enough to use LST trainers amd landscape staples. Flower tent is looking fantastic love seeing the ladies fatten up. Been steady using about 5 gallons a day in the flower tent and using recharge 2x a week

4 Likes

2 Likes

I watered/fed the flower and veg tent today. Flower tent is looking real nice and smelling even better. Had to trim up the middle of the canopies it was getting real crowded with overlapping leaves and i was worried about WPM with humidity getting into the 60s during lights out so we cleaned them up yesterday and man were we sticky!

3 Likes

My flower tent is in the 6th week of flower now. The actual first sign of flowering was sept 2nd so thats 17 days not including the stretch after flip to flower. You think these ladies are on track for a Halloween harvest? Im estimating oct 14-28th but I guess only time will tell

1 Like

I am really noticing how beneficial it is to limit the amount of extra growth. Great looking and nicely formed colas clusters. The defoliating help show off the goods.

1 Like

Do you mind explaining a bit more? Not sure if this is referenced to trimming or longer flower times. Also do you think shes on track for being in week 6 of flower or moreso closer to 3 weeks? Thanks for the compliments! I think those nugs are looking great too. Nice and frosty!

1 Like

How nicely the individual colas are forming and the flowers just below the main colas. It looks like you hit a good balance between size and number. Which is very much a positive in my eyes.
What ever date is used to compare their growth, I see fat buds which are definitely on track.

Ahh yea. I almost wanted to take more colas and branches off because i have to defoliate every couple days to keep an open canopy and keep from covering all my bud sites. Still a decent amount at the net level that arent getting as much light as id like

Back at my dads again. Gold leaf is the only survivor but shes doing well

2 Likes

Watered the veg and flower tent today. Flower tent is looking real good. Wondering how many weeks i have left 3-4? Friday will be week 7 of flower including the stretch until preflowers. Seeing lots of white pistils yet and new growth. Based off it being week 7 of flower im thinking another 3-4 and id like to flip to UVB the last 3 weeks of flower and do a 2 week flush before chop

3 Likes

Double headed nug? Looks cool

And the veg tent

2 Likes

@Docnraq @MidwestGuy @beardless @dbrn32 what do you guys think 3-4 more weeks or longer? Trying to get a good time frame to know when to switch my uvb on. Heres all my info on UVB based off of hellraiser. I plan to use them last 3 weeks for 2-3 hrs a day (havent decided between 2 or 3hrs not sure if it matters). Also i can take trichome pics if needed just figured based off all the white pistils yall would agree with me

2 Likes

Best I can tell from pics your grow is looking like it’s in that window. What you can/can’t do with uvb has a lot to do with intensity of it. I haven’t really messed with beyond weak fluoro bulb to give much guidance, but would probably start on shorter end and see how things go if it were me.

3 Likes

Agree with @dbrn32 on all fronts. Start with the low end of hours and increase by say 20 mins a week until full suggestion or sign of stress. I have no Idea what those signs of stress would be but im sure it wouldnt be hard to find that info before hand so you can be looking for it instead of waiting for it.

3 Likes

Alright. So im gonna say next friday ill switch over from UVA to UVB and start on 2 hrs a day (for 3 weeks) and watch for any signs of stress. Mainly worried about those 3-4 tops really close to the light on the right side and 2-3 not so close but definitely taller than the rest on the left side getting any sort of light burn or issues being that close to the UVB. I can raise the UVB up taller too if really needed but then it will be less light to the plants as it will be over my light bars shining down onto the plants. @dbrn32 here is the light specs of that helps any * Supplemental UVB- 24 watt T5 Fluorescent.

2 Likes

Downloaded the user manual. 3 ft away might be an issue. My closest top is 5 inches away from it max and the middle tallest is around 7 inches away. This is for the right side of the tent and i can raise my light max 10 inches. Left side im seeing 11-12 inches from UVB to tops of plants and i can raise the light about 15-16 inches

2 Likes