BigCats perpetual grow

@Docnraq @MidwestGuy @beardless @Aussie_autos @Myfriendis410 what do yall think about my ladies so far?

2 Likes

Looking good keep it up

2 Likes

I have a lot of fun with that style / method.
What are the dimensions of the frames?
Is there a tray or pan to catch runoff? Small containers and coco, there will be a lot of runoff.

I’ve used 6" nursery pots, soil, single stemmed clones with advanced nutrients.
1 1/2 gallon fabric pots, coco and jacks.
Currently, 4 clones with either 3 or 4 stems in 2 gallon rain science bags, coco and Jack’s.

You will be busy…
Sorry, missed previous tags. I was gone for almost two weeks.

2 Likes

@beardless The whole setup was made around the drip trays which were a 23 inch square and honestly im really impressed with the quality of the tray itself i believe its made in england. The nets can go up to 52 inches which is my light height now

1 Like

Looking very healthy! Praying up!

Potassium deficinecy in veg?
The silica I use only has an npk of 0-0-0.5
That isnt alot. You can increase potassium by using a tea made from bannanas if that doesnt work out. Also unsulpherd molasses has potassium in it as well as many other nutes and minerals. Molasses is good for your plant and if you have any bennificial microbes and fungi in soil, it will feeed them.

2 Likes

Sea of Green idea - #17 by BigCat420 @beardless heres your dimensions answer. @Docnraq i havent added any molasses to my reservoir as of yet because my ppms are around 1300 and i thought that was a bit high to be adding anything else. Just in the regular jacks lineup with 8ml silica added and recharge 1x a week

2 Likes

Ive never used jacks or drip fertigation but since you are using recharge there is already molasses in there.

2 Likes

I’ve actually found a solution to that. I bought this thing and it only turns on when the heat gets to whatever perimeter you set it to. That way you don’t have the ac running 24 hrs

1 Like

I actually use one currently. But it was turning on and off nonstop as it hit its 3 degree differential really quickly with my lights at 75% and dehumidifier in the tent. When i hooked up the HVAC line it kicks on and off much less as i have the house ac on 72 and my portable unit set to 74 and kicks back on at 77. Ive been seeing more consistent temp and humidity readings ever since. She holds steady at 70-72 degrees and 55-60 humidity

1 Like

Nice . I’m gonna get the one that does humidity and hook it up to a humidifier/ dehumidifier as well.

2 Likes

I’m just lucky my tents always sit between 40-50% humidity without intervention. I’m in New York so must be lucky.

1 Like

So im calling it now the seedling to the far right is gonna be totally different than the other 2. The leaf structure itself is different as they are long and fat and the other 2 have long and skinny leaves. Its also a bit shorter than the rest but hopefully they are both worthy phenotypes @matty777 i actually have 2 temp and 2 humidity controls but they didnt work with my humidifiers only my dehumidifiers so i never really use them. I use 1 of 4 inkbird controller i have and its only for my ac unit.

3 Likes

The ladies seem happy today. Heres some random stuff from the earthworm castings thats growing. I assume it won’t hurt to leave it?

3 Likes

@dbrn32 im currently week 2 of flower. Using RO water 4.5 gal and 0.5 gal tap water. Even without using the tap water my solution always sits around 1300. It baffles me for sure as i see most getting 950-1000 from jacks. I make sure to follow the instructions and wait till dissolved to go to the next step. So far its the only issue ive run into but its left me scratching my head. My RO water is phing around 5.8-6.0 and 0 ppms what else could be leading to the increase in ppms? I clean my bucket and probes every other day when i make a new 5 gal bucket

1 Like

Possible ph fluctuations from the nutrient changeover from house and garden to jacks 321? Idk why i was thinking it was a potassium issue. After further research this is what im seeing that could be wrong with it. Not sure if i a flush is the best answer as im in flower but I’ll do what needs to be done just hate flushing if not needed as its very time consuming

2 Likes

I did the same thing with my frames. They were designed to hold a
18x26x3" pizza proofing box. They are $15 from Web restaurant supply.

@beardless i saw that when i first started looking into copying your design. I wish i would of done the same thing lol. The trays i got were like 40 a pop shipped but to be fair they are really sturdy and look to be really nice quality

1 Like

The pizza boxes are tough and do not flex. After watering I slide them out and dump the runoff in a bucket.

p.s. I’ve learned that I need to flush my autopots at least once usually just before flip. It is strange in that the ph is high - like 6.4 or 6.5 using coco.

I used to think it was my hard tap water with a lot of calcium. However, during the summer I use more distilled water from three dehumidifiers. It is probably 2/3 distilled and 1/3 tap water. Now I lean more toward thinking the elevated ph is from adding fungi, bacteria and mycorrhizae.

1 Like

@beardless yeah im still not sure whats going on with my ladies. Would really prefer not to flush as i struggle to find any extra time to do stuff after a 12 hr work day and i try not to flush in flower unless its absolutely needed or im in the last 2 weeks. When i get home and water i need to get some runoff numbers and ph so i can figure out whats going on

1 Like

Another way I do it is to run plain distilled through the pot until I get some runoff then top off with Jack’s. I have had to that way with the four I have in the tent. It stabilizes things so the deficiency doesn’t worsen.