1st time growing looking for some insight, tips and advice

This is how the plants looking now and my ph… my ppm is around 90-100 range

No , no , no , take a table spoon full of dirt and put it in a cup and used your PH pen to test ph and ppm ? Those are cool but not so much accurate to be completely successful for the duration of growing cannabis in a 3 stage growth photosynthesis process , you’ll need a better tool than that buddy , look up 3 in the one Ph/ Ppm/Tds meter on Amazon and the Omerta brand you can get about 5 grows with only a couple battery changes , they don’t have to stay wet to calibrate!

1 Like

Those always read 7 to 8 PH regardless of actual PH.
Ok for moisture meter (lift pot test is more accurate), but useless for PH.

1 Like

Something like this??

What’s a good tester to get?

Omerta brand , they cost about $36 but don’t buy cheap , they won’t last 2 full grows , waste of money , spend at least a $100 on a good ph pen if you want good bud period . The cheap ones work but short life spans of accuracy .

1 Like

This is the most commonly suggested on this site for a good but not breaking the bank ph tester. I use Hanna but probably would have saved the money if I knew of the ph20.
You will need the storage solution and 4 & 7 ph calibration solution that comes with this kit and a nice box for storage

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z6LF91/ref=twister_B09CPM2NJJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And like @yoshi said, accurate PH for good bud. Forget everything else until you have your PH right because it won’t matter how good the nutrients, seeds, dirt is if your PH is wrong.

2 Likes

This what I used and I buy 3 at a time , just in case one breaks mid flower , or something weird might happens , so I always keep an extra one for the back up one.
You don’t have to keep them wet or with solution and I get about 3-5 full grows before I have to change the batteries but I’ve never had one lose calibration at all yet , so not a bad deal 3 good pens for $100 I think is worth it for my operation .

2 Likes

Picking one of those up for a backup, thanx :+1:

1 Like

Been about 15-17 days after sprouting about 4 days ago my plant started looking crazy any suggestions on what’s going on also I have little plants sprouting in the pot is this ok??

Your dirt needs a pot full of perlite !

1 Like

I can still use the same soil tho right? just take the plant out and re-amend it with more perlite?

1 Like