1st time Growing in Las vegas, Nv outdoor, Extreme heat

Oh, yeah; pineapple and Las Vegas. Sound familiar @dbrn32? My wife and I are headed there next week! My birthday and hers are 4 days apart. We’re gonna do a day trip to Death Valley and then go see “Mystere”. We stay at friends while in town and he indulges.

3 Likes

Lots of folks coming into town. Must be spring :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thats awesome hope you have a great time over here

2 Likes

@elheffe702 is allergy season in vegas hahahaha

1 Like

I never had any allergies before, and I don’t always, but only in Vegas. Every so often. Like maybe 2 or 3 years ago, pollen was out of control. The neighborhoods looked like it snowed lightly, but yellow :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yeah, for sure @Myfriendis410, this is the best time of the year here, in my opinion…the few weeks before it starts to get ‘warm’.

3 Likes

Had a great time out there for sure! We need to do that again sometime, when more can make it. I’m gonna need a year or two though

2 Likes

I’m one out there april 18th

3 Likes

You will probably want 30-50% shade cloth for them. I’m in the northern Nevada area and we don’t get as hot as Vegas. I keep 30% cloth over mine until they get too big, which is around 7 feet.

Autos are tough plants, easy to grow. Give them a bit of shade, plenty of water and they should do fine.

3 Likes

That Disneyland trip is still out there too. @MattyBear still needs to come down. We have the Getty and Hearst Castle among other things. (How could I forget Solvang LMAO)

3 Likes

thanks @Loneviking jeff was telling me that too i will start looking for one right now

Btw did I told you all I was growing inside a fish tank? Like no joke lol

This is the safest way I have found to put my babies outside without the crows pigeon’s and every other damn bird out there trying to eat them

That works! We used to do our veggie seedlings in an old bathtub with a sheet of glass over it, like a small greenhouse.

1 Like

I bought my shade cloth from shadeclothstore.com. Mine is pretty big at 20 ft by 20 ft, so you may be able to find something at Lowe’s or Home Depot.

1 Like

@Loneviking any suggestion between white or black shade? or doesn’t matter

White will reflect heat black will absorb

1 Like

One might be more beneficial than the other as camouflage, depending.

2 Likes

so black is it then, 30 to 50% shade will be good enough for our 3 digits heat during summer?

1 Like

That should do it, yeah @Loneviking?

yeah i think that’s what he said earlier 30 to 50 % so i will stick to it lol