1st time Growing in Las vegas, Nv outdoor, Extreme heat

So here i go finally started my first grow after been holding seeds for like 3 years to get ready, and guess what.? I am not more ready than when i first bought the seeds.

A few days ago I found the seeds again and I put 3x white widow and 3x easy riders both auto inside a glass with water for 24 hours, then i sent them into 6 “made up” pots see pics below covered them in cotton fabric to hold humidity and got me some soil from a local hydroponic and Ph kit filled it up and boom i had planted my first 6 plants.

Of course i had to comeback here to share and get help with the process later on, so far i haven’t put lights or tent or nothing just outside during the day and inside at night close to a window i am planning to plant them outside in a greenhouse, i look it up, will cost me around $115 and is huge, lots of natural light i will buy it after i transplant them to their final pot i am planning do 5Gal pots.

3/17/19
water for 24h

3/18/19
put in soil

3/22/19
all easy riders finally started showing up and 1 W. Widow

3/24/19
all plants are doing good except 1 W.Widow i thought wasn’t gonna make it but it did with some help and care XD

3/26/19
i took the first few pics of the plants “I know took me too long lol”

3/27/19
i feel like the plants are growing at a good speed but are getting kinda light color the green is not as vibrant as before maybe is just me but it feels like it hopefully they wont get sick

3/28/19
TBD…

4 Likes

Might be slightly overwatered, making them yellow a little. I’m in Las Vegas, too, but I grow indoors (not growing at all, currently). @Loneviking grows outdoors here, I believe. And @Myfriendis410 does quite a bit of outdoor growing in a pretty similar hot/dry climate IIRC. Hopefully we can get you covered, but they look good so far to me. :+1:

2 Likes

WoW thanks you so much it will help a lot having someone that knows how bad the weather can get in here it will be awesome support and once i harvest i will invite you all too lmao

2 Likes

Hell yeah! Have trimmers, will travel.

2 Likes

@HighDesertFarmer is another outdoor desert grower :wink::v:

5 Likes

wow i thought i was gonna be lonely over here but seems like this will be a fun ride lol thanks for joining to my grow journal and i expect a lot of feedback every time i mess up hahahaha

Although I did leave @Dr.DankThumb420 hanging after making that same offer. I was out of commission for a bit, at just the wrong time. Dude hates me now, too :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

lmao hahahahaha i will hunt you down this town is really small hahahaha, i need all the help i can get specially since i already started all wrong for not been fully ready but anime’s teach me good intentions and hard work pays off sometimes lol

1 Like

You’ll probably want some shade cloth, too. I’m not sure what percentage or whatever, but I know they need it in the summer here.

1 Like

And if it’s not too late, delete that walmart link. Not a big deal, but only Amazon and a handful of other links are allowed. Here’s that same one (I think) on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-SKY1917-Tunnel/dp/B014JPGG1S/ref=asc_df_B014JPGG1S/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193150648923&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2386459988117194432&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1022647&hvtargid=pla-307672623598&psc=1
Looks cool! And it’s like a, for real “green” house lol

1 Like

ohh ok cool i deleted the walmart link on and yes its kinda a real “green” house hahahahah

1 Like

Yeah, looks great, I think. With the help from everyone on here, maybe even a handful of us locals, you’ll fill it!

1 Like

i am trying out this first time with 6 seeds i still have like 20 more in hold, i just want see how it goes the first time to learn what to fix for the second and so on… all are auto as well

All White Widow? I’m not sure on the turnaround time, but I’m thinking you could get a couple auto grows in before it starts getting too wet or cold.

1 Like

i have 3 W.Widow and 3 easy riders now and in seeds i have 7 different strains i cant wait for the pineapple chunk

1 Like

That’s a nice one. I’ve only had it in wax, but it was delicious. I see you’ve been on the forum a while, this is just your first outdoor grow, or first time at all? Btw, I’m Jeff.

2 Likes

tbh i joined since i bought the seeds, first the house i used live in wasn’t good place to grown then i moved and started to prepare for it but got stuck with heavy busy work for too long and couldn’t do it and now i am giving it a try again where i am living right now but this time i just went for it every time i try to prepare for it i never go thru with it this time i just started and hopefully everything will go smooth.
call me Yas nice to meet u Jeff

1 Like

so this will be my first grow ever indoor or outdoor

1 Like

Awesome. Nice to meet you too, Yas. I’m sure it’ll be a learning experience…whether that’s easy or not remains to be seen, but your second grow will be better, regardless. Just update your journal often, ask lots of questions, and soak up as much information as you can. Biggest thing I see outdoor growers run into is bugs. Read up on what we have around her and be prepared, and it’ll be just another part of the grow rather than an emergency. I got to this step and chose indoor, but I’m a chicken. LOL

1 Like

Will do thanks

1 Like