1st time growing ILGM beans

@Bunger64 make sure your pre moistening your soil before transplanting, as well as unbinding those roots wrapped around the bottom the best you can before hand. If youve already planted her remember for next time. But those roots are bound and trained to grow in a circle now so by loosening them up a little itll help her to branch her roots out faster. And always transplant into pre moistented soil, and lightly water in afterwards. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Like you, wife only water lower section of pot to be transplanted in. Promote the root to seek moisture downwards.

3 Likes

Dry soil has dry amendments in it and can burn your roots.

4 Likes

And by lightly watering them in it helps establish a base and reduces the chance of transplant shock.

3 Likes

Beautiful plants you have there Mosca thanks for your input

1 Like

Ebb Thank you for your advice. I know it wasn’t aimed for me but all input I learn from. Keep it coming guys and gals

2 Likes

Runtz , we have heard it doesnt take as long as other autos. 7wks, they are both 38 days flower. Cake looks like our banana kush autos, upto 4ft. They yielded nicely.

I have only used ilgm seeds, aka beans that dont give me gas. Lol

Look forward to seeing your future Bud of the Month pics.

1 Like

I have always left them alone when transplanting so far i havent noticed any problems not sure what to look for. Last year i had a stretch of Hermies so I dont really mess with them to much let alone the root ball. My pre made solo cup plug is in moist soil I just started pro-mix and they want me to do things a little different than my previously used soils. The plug is damp to wet to keep it to gether and when the soil i used in my planter i mixed and moistened as i prepared for the insertion.

2 Likes

My planters are bottom feeders as well nothing worse than trying to water fresh soil and it just floats i know you can put something in the water I think but i just pre mix before. You have some interesting saying with meanings lol

2 Likes

I’m out of likes :+1:t2: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

The ole addage, if it isn’t broke, why try fix it.
We leave them alone.
We were given 3 pieces of advce, good light, good genectics, good nutes. :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Im only trying to hand down horticulture advice. Take it if ya want it.

1 Like

Ebb i appreciate all advise. Thanks for your input :+1:

Hey guys and gals I’ve heard that trans planting Autos is a no no I’m going to direct plant my germs into the pots they will finish in. Any ideas about this topic ?

2 Likes

We did the very same. Had no issues or stunted growth. Seams like one less step.

1 Like

Again im not trying to go against protocol but all my photos autos start in a peroxide water soak then the get put in the solo cup my experience which im growing since 8/21 has been i like that the get established in the solo cup then that nice root ball is ready to hit bottom as a handful of roots not a tap root trying to bottom out before she goes. I have 35 in the flower room and 15 in the veg closet. This has been my routine since the start whos counting. I wouldnt transplant an auto from a big pot to a even bigger pot but I would a photo. All my girls get treated the same autos or photos

1 Like

I understand thats what your direction is to help Its just I have done this with say at least 300 plants not sure were it has failed me by leaving the roots alone all information is good everyone is in search of or helping hands not trying to be disrespectful in my garden
Uploading: 16784974124216551500722806597633.jpg…
Ollie says may the force be with you young grasshopper. L

1 Like

What makes it protocol? The plant is rooting, why not in its final home first. No risk of set back, not as important when using photo seeds, you can correct them and put them back on schedule, an auto doesnt reset time because of setbacks.

We seed in peat pellets, they have rooted out the bottom hours before poking up.

Just my thoughts, one less step is less work.

4 Likes

Im not saying it doesnt work. I was just letting you know that by unbinding them some they will form fuller roots faster. And thats the point right?

2 Likes

I understand it all I started in the jiffy pots but found that I didn’t need that I guess with my cycle the solocups take up less space and I know they are ready to graduate. Im actually just stalling becuse all my like are gone had 4 minuts left. We all need each other to share and sponge bob from

2 Likes