1st time growing are my autoflowers ready

Its my first time growing. I live in louisiana and im growing outdoors in buckets. Its super skunk autoflower. Just wantijt to known if these are ready for harvest seem small but cant get much of a clear answer online. This is week 4 of flowering

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!!! How long in flower? Looks like you still have time for them to fatten up a little more. Any chance you can check the trichomes with a magnifying tool? Either a USB microscope (they’re cheap and use wifi) or a jewelers loupe, with at least 60x magnification. Plants looks great!!!

3 Likes

Based on this picture, id say at least 4 weeks

Thanks for the help guys. I will go to town in the morning and get me a jewelers loupe thanks for the advice

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Bushman88

Probably at least 4 weeks left, maybe more.
When the hairs all turn orange/brown, it is time to start checking the trichomes with a magnifier.
The plant may start looking “tired” and rough, like this quarter pounder.

3 Likes

Not even close. They will get much fatter. At least 4 weeks, but probably longer.

3 Likes

Welcome to your new happy place :blush:

1 Like

This picture iwas available from @Spiney_norman

1 Like

CBD strains are harvested earlier than those grown for purely THC effects. So that video was covering how to pick the best harvest time for CBD producing plants. CBD peaks earlier than max THC does. Super Skunk should be treated like all THC strains and wait till the trichs are all cloudy with some amber beginning.

2 Likes

@Bushman88 Welcome to the Class!! I agree with the rest :point_up_2: that you likely have 4-6 to go, your in very early flower based on the colors. The loop will help you in a big way to determine when it’s actually hip time. Good luck!!

1 Like

Welcome to the community :blush:.

You answered your own question with its just the 4h of Flower. Autos can go up to 16 weeks.

@Spiney_norman I treat Autos the same as Photos and I have never seen my Autos hurt doing it this way. So I have no clue what you are talking about. My experience says differently. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I think its just a misunderstanding. My post was not about autos vs photos…
I think I was tagged in by mistake with a post from a different discussion.
In the post from another thread the topic was different.
It was about Hemp vs Marijuana. A plant grown for CBD like this…
Has a different harvest window than one grown to get high off THC.

Plant type 75% Indica 25% Sativa
THC <1% (slight deviations may occur)
CBD up to 9%
1 Like

@Spiney_norman Now that makes sense. I didn’t see that topic so my response was I have no clue what you was talking about. But its all good. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like