1st time growing anything EVER!- ILGM Chocolope Fem

Thank you for your service :heart_eyes:

1 Like

True. It’s all about photoperiod. Daylight is down to about 12 hours which means a regular plant you put outside will go into flower immediately (and be very small). Three ways around this:

1. Plant only autoflower strains outside. They ignore photoperiod.

2. Plant regular weed but turn on a bright light for half an hour in the middle of every night. Unfortunately this will look suspicious to police if it is on a timer. Maybe use security lights and set them off a few times a night and have them stay on for 15 minutes a time. This way you disrupt the 12 hours of darkness required for regular plants to flower. When they get big enough, shut down the light.

3. Veg them inside under 18/6 lights. Then put them outside to flower.

2 Likes

Simply … Thank You :blush:

And Welcome. I’m looking forward to watching your journey with all the great people here who have “been there, done that”. This is a wonderful place to learn, grow, share and laugh.

2 Likes

Nah, think positive. I’ve only lost one plant, and that was to a cat hungry for salad. Watch your plants closely outside. Crows and cats are real dangers.

1 Like

Well guys I’ve got some bad news…while playing around, my dogs(2 pit bull pups) managed to somehow jump up and took down one of my pots when I dropped off my daughter at school this morning.:tired_face:
I promise…I had it where they couldn’t get to it by themselves but I tell you what these two are some schemers. I had put up 3 clothes line for my wife about 3months ago and after a month of so they took down not one but two of those clothes line…how? It might sound crazy but I kid you not I think I saw them climb on each other’s back to jump up and reach the line… same as now they couldn’t reach the pots by themselves but the wife said as soon as she heard them rumbling she ran out saw them practically on top of each other with the pile of dirt around them. She immediately brought the other pots inside and tried her best to find the seed but didn’t.

Back to the story…As soon as I got home the wife looked at me with a shocked almost upset face and I automatically knew what had happened. All I could say was how many? Which thankfully was only 1. I immediately started sorting through the dirt again but couldn’t find the missing treasure Lol haha
She said as soon as she ran out to see what was going on both dogs ran off into our mud room and stayed in their kennels until I got home. And all I could think of at that moment was my basic training TI aka drill sergeant saying “you know you done f$!ed up right?” Right before he had us pushing(push-ups) until the walls would literally rain sweat from so much condensation caused by our body heat . Lol

Even though I am upset I still have hope for my now lone soldier. Call it wishful thinking but I believe my trooper that went MIA still has a chance of survival because all the ground/dirt in the pot fell underneath my patio where there is plenty of nice soft dark soil with some sunlight getting under.

I am hoping she stays true to her nature of being a weed as most people say by germinating or sprouting just enough for her to flag me on her location because as soon as she does it will be a full blown rescue mission because no soldier gets left behind.

So far I have turned on the sprinkler to that part of the yard, will continue doing so, will continue monitoring and checking the part every day for the next 3weeks. What was my lesson learned from this if they can get close then it’s too close…so now I have my pots on the roof.

I planned on numbering my plants to better keep track of them…so this will be MIA SEED 1…Lost but never forgotten​:pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:

7 Likes

Thanks guys. Being in the service is kind of its own micro society within the larger macro society as a whole and it’s quite easy to go through weeks or even a month without dealing with non service members. That to me was one aspect of readjustment I faced because when I served no matter what base/installation I was at, I always knew where to go for support.

As far as lack of support to vets post service that’s a topic I would feel more comfortable discussing face to face while we consume what we(now including myself :grin:) so passionately grow due to the political nature of the topic. As we know politics isn’t always black and white but also shades of gray and people as individuals can have different opinions on what’s closer to black or white.

There are agencies out there truly trying to provide services and aid to veterans but there are more agencies primarily concerned with benefits they get from appearing to provide aid and support to vets. I think that’s an issue every American faces with different agencies, not just vets. Eventually we all get fed up with what’s being offered to us by taking control of our own destiny by supplementing where they “the government and its agencies” fell short. Which is why I am now choosing to grow…the VA does not approve of cannabis as medicine and I can’t financially sustain my own treatment by continuously paying out of pocket

7 Likes

Great attitude! :sunglasses::v:
Yes, there are dysfunctions and inefficiences in all areas, I’m sure.
One thing I like about this group is the lack of political (and other) drama… I think it must be the common agenda that unites us :wink: :seedling:

3 Likes

We only like Cannabis drama @GreenThunder @Skylives07

There are a hundred other places that folks can go to discus that other stuff.

Veterans issues aren’t drawn down political lines anyway. @Skylives07 made some great points but at the end of the day we gotta look out for number one first and foremost. If I don’t look out for myself, how can I expect others to do that?

6 Likes

Keep the faith @Skylives07 that’s all you can do. A positive attitude is half the battle most of the time. Sounds like you have your hands full with those pups and I am happy you can laugh at their antics even when it ends up being a problem. But they do love us unconditionally so how can we do anything but love them back right? Even when the shit hits the fan.

Sorry about the mishap though. Keep your eyes out under the deck…stranger things have happened.

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

7 Likes

it’s really a different kind of drama! If you will, @AnneBonny

5 Likes

My lab puppy ate a whole recliner chair and now she’s started on the drywall. It’s probably because they don’t have opposable thumbs, everything has to be investigated with their mouths.

4 Likes

@Skylives07 first of all thank you for your service. With out you service members this country wouldn’t continue to be free. Secondly, welcome to ILGM, we are a wonderfully friendly community of anonymous folk here. Congratulations on your first grow, and I’ll be following along. If you need support regarding your grow, dont hesitate to ask anyone on here. If one of us doesn’t know the answer one of us will tag someone who does. Be sure to check out some of the grow journals, as most of them are pretty entertaining… :wink: hope to see ya around.

2 Likes

I’m amazed how many of us old fogies are here to grow for medical reasons. I guess a lot of us smoked as kids in the 70’s or 80’s for fun and now need it for our bodies crapping out. Nice that we have the time and money (and patience) to do it right.

5 Likes

@Skylives07, Welcome to the site brother and thanks for your service. During a parachute training exercise in 1970, I crashed and burned when my chute collapsed and I fell about 40 feet, fracturing my spine. Years later I came down with AML Leukemia, an everlasting present from Agent Orange, which I am still being treated for today. These days I am feeling a good deal of pain from past injuries and just growing old, but help is on the way. I recently discovered consuming cannabis through edibles and I no longer need the VA’s pain pills, nor do I have to kiss anyone’s behinds to get what is needed for my own recovery. I also just started growing my own medicine and hope to reap my rewards in just a few more weeks. Bottom line, forget the pills that the VA wants to give you brother, cannabis works better and is better for your overall health. Furthermore, you will meet the nicest group of people ever, on this site. Airborne!!! @Jitters

11 Likes

So many service members on this site. Thank you too @Jitters for your service. You are all heroes in my eyes.

Much respect to all who have served ~ AB

5 Likes

Wow, I think we need MMJ groups in the veteran’s organizations and in AARP for all the non-vets.

2 Likes

What’s funny is I never got to smoke MJ while in my teens or college. I didn’t start until a year after retirement, and after the first few times trying MJ and freaking out, I was able to notice the great medical benefits. I was unbearable when I didn’t take my pain meds, now I start the day with my prerolled joint of Chronic Widow and I feel great.

5 Likes

@1BigFella fortunately enough for me when I moved I wanted a home as isolated and far away from society as possible but close enough to use and enjoy the amenities of the city. And what I got was just perfect. I live in the woods next to a nature preserve where no one else will ever build upon. You can’t see my house from the street…all you see is a dirt road and part of my silver roof and am on a 6acre plot with two neighbors each on 2acres and sectioned of by woods and trees. I have seen my neighbors only a few times as they are driving home. I don’t know their names, they don’t know mine. We call each other neighbor and honestly if it wasn’t for their vehicles I wouldn’t recognize them if I met them on the streets. So as far as cops and nosy neighbors are concerned lol hahahhaha I have none.
I greatly appreciate your advice and I did implement it by actually bringing my plants indoors at night where I leave my bedroom lights on.

2 Likes

@1BigFella

Off topic- but check out this bone for your lab puppy. I got it for mine when he was 5 months old and was chewing everything. This toy is his baby and he’s had the same one for 5 years! It’s definitely one of the best puppy investments we made.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008B67DC8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

3 Likes

lol hahahhaha I will definitely try it but for some reason my pups have a tendency to never play with the same tow more than once. I have dog toys all over the yard lol

1 Like