1st time grower of Big Bud,is this normal?

Hello ILGM Community, I have a question about the Big Bud Strain. In the pictures you can see the fan leaves have multiple sets on each level.Starting with the lowest ones having 3 leaves,then upwards one has 6 and another has 7!.. Is BB supposed to grow like this?
Stats: 5 gal fabric pot, OF soil under 150watts of LED, have humidifier in tent also

The bigger a plant gets the more mature the leaves it produces. Alot of times the first few leaves the plant makes look a little funky but that’s no worries. What I see when looking at that plant you posted is the light coloration around the edges of the new growth. You may have a ph issue starting to develop so I would make sure your runoff ph in is the proper range(6.3 to 6.8)

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick response!..I hadn’t seen this type of leaf development right from seed before so it definitely puzzled me. And yes, once I transplanted to the 5gal, I been on top of Ph, especially after seeing those 1st nodes grow out.Thank You!

1 Like

My tap water is right at 7 so I used that for during seedling stage ,didn’t use any nutes for this grow as of yet,but I def Ph down to the 6.0 6.5 range moving forward …

A ph of 6.0 in soil is going to give you issues too. Stay above 6.3 and below 6.8

3 Likes