1st time grower. Not sure if they are ready for harvest

My first year, so many questions. Would you say to wait a little. Most looks clear, but one looks like some amber already. I was planning to wait 2 more weeks or so. Am I right?! Those are Girls Scout cookies extreme 20191001_140438|374x500

1 Like

Hey there @Alenka,
Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly helpful people here.
Could you post a couple pics in natural light of the whole plant?
Also if you take close ups of the trichs they should be on the calyx and not the sugar leaves.
The trichs on the leaves will mature before the buds and will mislead you.
You will get lots of help here

4 Likes

@Spiney_norman is absolutely correct… great picture with labels btw

4 Likes

Thanks, good to know about sugar leaves. Just snapped a couple of pics of colas

2 Likes

Nice looking plants.
What kind of effect are you wanting…The more amber the trichs get the more narcotic it will be…(IE couchlock)

Thanks, no too much of a “couch lock”, may be a little, looking more for social high , and relaxed at the same time

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Does the 3rd pic of cola looks like it might be done? It looks more brown than the rest on that plant

Without being able to see the trichs with a magnifier I can only venture a wild guess.
Based on how the pistils look I think you may be at the beginning of your harvest window. I dont see hardly any new white pistils. But I done see any yellowing of leaves that should start soon. If you check the bud closely and you dont see clear trichs on the flowers (calyxs) then you are ok. You would probably do well to wait till you see about 10% amber to get the effect you want.

Thanks. I appreciate it

Beautiful plants luscious looking buds, I hope mine turn out that good I’m in the second week of flour, and very excited. Happy harvesting

1 Like

Thanks, good luck to you too