1st time grower, looking for suggestions

High,
They’re known as Yellow Belly perch here in Michigan USA
Happy growin
Ger

Nice mess of fish there. The dorsal fins look like a walleye.
Do you have to use an auger to get thru the ice?
Those fish have me thinking of a big bowl of fish dip some tortilla chips and an ice cold drink.

LOL! So much fun reading about your neighbors. Your grow area looks exactly like mine, minus the fish.

I also have a 3-man canoe stored there but it will be on CL or ND come this Spring available for crappie fish hunters out there.
@KnutsonBoltz

For camo I’ve put wire fencing inside my fenced garden area and planted pole beans along the fence. They will continue growing through the season making an excellent screen to block the view with the added benefit of beans. They quit producing during the hot summer time but the vine still grows leaves. Regular garden veggies around the inside fenced area provides extra camo.

If you do this use tall T post for the fence and add wire above the rolled fence wire so the vines can grow as tall as the weed plants.

2 Likes

Well, I tell ya its just the tip of the iceberg these people will do some of the dumbest stuff you could imagine. Heres why they worry me…after what Ive seen and heard I wonder what they wont do!

If you guys like I have several stories about dumb things these people do but being a nice guy I am torn between telling and not telling because before I moved to Colorado I had figured they just cant help it.
This place in Tn is a bit off tbe beaten path but wow. I didnt know living semi secluded could do this to people. I think they just dont like humans…its wierd. You csn try to be nice to them but you will regret it. Aint that messed up?

1 Like

I think ring the area with some fast grow trellis plants that are fragrant like wisteria and morning glories to screen from view and inside that ring I would place a solar charge electric fence to deter theft from animals (possibly ones that walk on two legs)

1 Like

Country people are a different breed than city people. Stick to yourself and make it known you do not like trespassers. Most country people respect private property, at least here in Texas. Good fences make good neighbors.

2 Likes

High,
How much for the canoe?
Happy growin
Ger

You pick it up free. We have kayaks and it has laid in that side yard untouched for years. I just want it gone!

High,
Where are you at? I am in Michigan. I live in Saginaw Bay
Happy growin
Ger

Colorado. A long road trip for an old canoe.

High,
Yes it is. Darn.

Sorry we are not closer.

High,
Yep me too. Oh well
Happy growing
Ger

I bought that kayak years ago when I lived in Florida and used it for diving and spear fishing near shore in the keys. Its nice one made just for diving. I have no idea what to do with it now.
Any suggestions?
I thought maybe use it to make a remote gorilla grow near a lake but too much effort for me.

Seeing your are in Tn. you may appreciate this. I was drafted into uncle sam’s army in '71. Met a guy from Tn. in basic training who had never seen a phone before. Lived so far out in the boonies he got home walking along a train track, no road to his house. No doubt inbreeding in those areas, ha.

1 Like

Im not denigrating the people here, I was raised around here. Theres a lot of people who trust the govt, news, cops etc…and there still some places where they play with snakes as part of religios services. They would call cops just thinking they are doing the right thing.
Ive taken this waaay of the intended topic.
Ive decided its going to be an outdoot grow for sure and Im going to start preparing the ground in a week or so then germinate .
I have some new pasture fencing (not bared wire) just 6x6 wire. In center of garden I will erect an 8x8 area and do some soil amnendments giving it time to do what it does 4 weeks before planting. Im going to put some green netting around the outside of fence and mylar on the inside. For cover I am growing belk tomatoe bushes around the outsude of the fence the am growing 2 rows of 10ft sunflowers at back of garden.
Ive never fenced anything in garden so I hope being there for a 6 weeks befor transplanting it will just become a common sight “nothing to see here” the sunfliwers are just vusual distraction. Around four sudes of garden will be 2 riws of corn. Insude alk that will be other tomatoes, beans, beets, lettuce, peppers etc…
Ive bought uncle Petes sea and farm soil, its got worm casings, bloid meal and those goidies in it and the holes for transplant will be filked with that. I also bought some african marigold seeds, they grow 3 ft high.lots if visual stuff I hope will just make it look I went crazy with my veggue garden.
Got some neem oil, the mylar and stilk undecided about veg and fliwer nutrients. The Petes soil says ut feeds plant fir 4 weeks… what do you guys think about that? Should I give a little veg juice befor 4 weeks are up?
Stilk need a ph pen, a trichomes glass maybe an EC device and or DSM.
This is about as goid as I know how to make it so it has the cover camoflage and media for success and sneakiness.
What do yalk think?

1 Like

If you have a sea of green growing in your garden that’s all most folks will see. I had several family members look at my garden & I’d ask “what do you see”. None saw the 6’ tall weed plant.

1 Like

Thanks deckman but I’m growing auto and this is my first grow. I may be going overboard a bit, dont know. The ground grows good vegetables so putting out a few since Im in there just makes sense to me.
I do plan on LST for the mj but thats about it.