1st time grower, looking for suggestions

:point_up_2::point_up_2: you bet. Stinkā€™n up my garage right nowā€¦in a good way :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@noddykitty1 You have stealth down pat!

I still have sage green after a couple of blizzards. I will change my approach this year. I did notice the large phlox and catmint helped quite a bit when I put one in the flower garden-best producer I had outside.

My mint doesnā€™t spread but I do have a lot of horseradish. We also grow pumpkins every year. Girls are going into the unused side yard out of public eyes.

2 Likes

Plastic flowers can help camouflage your grow. Good luck with it.

3 Likes

High,
Welcome to a great place to learn and share.
The smell will travel a distance. Donā€™t count on your girls to be small. Iā€™ve grown outdoors, I am in a legal state, for three grows now. I prep my ground with fish water, fish carcasses, left overs minnows from fishing, and I use molasses during the grow. My girls smelled tremendous. They grew to be 10 footers AFTER I supercropped twice. Tied them down and pruned. They grow how THEY want to grow. If you arenā€™t in a legal state you are taking a big chance.
Itā€™s 100% up to you.
Good luck and happy growin.
Ger

Pics are at three different stages.

7 Likes

Make sure you have enough room to spread those plants out instead of up, or theyā€™re gonna outgrow your corn. I grow outside in 2 greenhouses one 5x10 and one 10x12 I grew 8 plants in the 10x12 it was way too many. This year im only growing 4 in there. The 5x10 im only growing 1 this time. 2 completely filled it wall to wall. I had 9 and 10ft tal plants and they had been fimā€™d and or super cropped or laid over horizontal. If youā€™re growing 10 plants its gonna be hard to camouflage them. We used to use plastic oleanders flowers and grow them next to oleander bushes, in LA and we had helicopters frying over our house all the time but we never grew more than a few at a time.
As far as planting corn around your plants I had bad problems with moths and their caterpillars. The same moths were on both my corn and my plants. I believe the corn is what brought the moths.
Im not growing corn this year to see if it makes a difference.

2 Likes

Nice crop there @Gerant looks like theyā€™re in the front yard

1 Like

I just realized youā€™re gonna grow autos they should be a lot easier to hide than photos. Height shouldnā€™t be an issue.

4 Likes

High,
Thanks man. Side yard
Happy growin.
Ger

1 Like

My daughter planted some here about 10 years ago. Iā€™m still trying to get rid of it.

5 Likes

Well I just placed my order from ILGM for 10 +10 WW autos. I was about to get zkittles auto but I think the WW is what I ought to do for my situation and first grow.
I was just looking at my spare bathroom. Itswalked on 3 sides, has a drain and a window. It would be easy to do an indoor first time grow.
Im gonna experiment with both I think. Looking forward to it.
Im a bit tech challenged, had internet fir 18 years, 3 laptops, 1 home pc and 4 smarohones and still dont have the hang of things. It took me some time to figure how to post here.
Can soneone tell me how to upliad pucs to a post so I can present them for advise or just to brag when the time cones?
THX Knutson

4 Likes

Or you can copy and paste.

2 Likes

Gerat, Im a sneaky sumbitch but I am concerned about nosy nellies next door. One is an ol lady, very religious, snake handling only wears dress kinda religion and 56 year old virgin daughter still living with her, this is no understatement.
Other neighbor is a hostile ahole that I just cant figure out. Hes gotra be 70 hes single and has no friends. I tried being friendly, sharing from my garden etc but he onky seems interested in out miwing the yard on me. The tomato stealer out back, well hes a 50 year old father of 3 but he acts like a 15 yr old whos confused about several things, example: I used to have a kayak hanging on my back porch, one day he asked if I wanted to sell my ā€œcanoeā€! I asked him why he wanted it and he said he is a fish hunter. I though wow, a fush hunter ya know like swordfish tuna, sharks or the like. I asked what kinda fish he hunts and he saidā€¦ crappieā€¦what a let down. I dunno sometimes about folks. I guess it takes alk kinds but I feel like Im surrounded by inbreeds. There is a short bus that picks up some kids for school a couple roads up from me. Anyway, Iā€™m about to retire and stiil young at heart.
Old enough to know better but still too young to careā€¦I rekon.
Later Knutson

6 Likes

From this day forward I will only answer to The Great Crappie Hunter. To be clear itā€™s not the crappie thatā€™s greatā€¦

3 Likes

Thaank you!

2 Likes

Dont get me wrong I like catching n eating just about any fish, but this guy came off like another Steve Irwin type so he had me going till he said ā€œcrappieā€.
Theres videos on utube of guys fighting sailfish off Miami in kayaks so thats kinda what I thought he was getting atā€¦fish hunter my big ol arse!

2 Likes

Im gonna nickname him The Guppie.

2 Likes

High,
Hereā€™s my garden in the winter. Fish carcasses and minnows left over and the fish water. Come spring Iā€™ll till them under and get growing
Happy Growin
Ger

1 Like

What kind of fish do you hunt?

High,
Walleye, perch, bluegills, crappie and whatever bites. Fresh water. I live on Saginaw Bay. I get to fish whenever I want. Itā€™s a great Fishery. Here are some Yellow Belly Perch. Great eating fish

Happy Growin
Ger

1 Like

They are English Perch.
We call them redfin in Australia. A bit of a nuisance introduced fish in our trout waters.
Your right though - great eating little fish.