1st time grower, looking for advice

make sure the new soil gets warmed up in the grow room before transplanting.

1 Like

These puppies are for outdoors, so being I’m pretty much southere canada, it will be a bit before they are fully outdoors. As discussed earlier, I’m probably going to put them in halved 55 gallon drums. I’m thinking I will transplant them in my garage first, where the plants currently are, then I’ll put them outside when the nights start staying warm enough. I already have my soil and it’s in the garage now, so it will be at the same temp the plants currently are. I bought a few more lights to hold me over until they go out into mother nature. Hoping that sounds like a solid plan?

3 Likes

Hey guys. I think I’ve got some more issues. They are leaving out ok, and stems are thickening and not getting taller, but my leaves look funny. Kind of twisted or wrinkled. Noticed it friday, thought maybe I over watered, but I don’t think that’s the issue. Soil is damp, but not saturated. I use a spray bottle to water. Any thoughts?

1 Like

@Growyourown, saw you had a similar issue on your journal and you suspected ph. I checked my soil and I’ve got 6.5, and I checked my water that I use to spray them, that’s 7.0

1 Like

@TokerGuy @BamaGrowLabz @James68 @Bubblehead

Natural light please

2 Likes

Any good ideas how? I’m up north, and it’s still 50s or lower during the day, probably for at least for a few more weeks. I could window sill them? I’m sure I’ve got the stuff to make an outdoor box, just not sure how to control the temp.

2 Likes

Nvm. I’m retarded. Let me take another pic

2 Likes

4 Likes

I think they look fine. Maybe a little wet. How much and how often are you watering?

When mine where the size bellow they would get 5-10ml every third, sometimes every other day. At this point they still lived under the dome. I did have to support the one in the middle for a little bit bus she is fine now.

2 Likes

I started with twice a day because i wasnt sure how much they’d need. But after the first couple days I was able to go to once a day. Soil seemed to stay damp, even half way into the cup. By next watering the edges look alittle dry, near the plastic, but nothing too alarming. I had just watered them before taking posting, so they may look wetter than they are.

2 Likes

Yeah, yours look alot dryer than mine. Maybe I am over watering. I haven’t actually paid attention to the amount in the bottle, just kept it room temperature and went by how the soil looked and felt

1 Like

Still sounds like you are watering a bit too much. You can let the soil dry almost completely. The actually prefer it that way. Keep them domed for a few more days if they fit your dome. They still get a lot of moisture from their leaves.

2 Likes

Ok, more good info, thank you. I’m looking at my bottle which was almost full this morning. No ml, but it has ounces, and I’m guessing I used 4 to 6 ounces this morning. That’s for 6 plants. So comparing to what you use, I’m over watering

2 Likes

The conversion would be 1 ounce assuming you used 6 for 6 is 28 ml each. I think if you back off on your watering your leaves will come around. I was using 150-200 ml about 4 ounces when they were the size below. I like using the clear cup inside the red cup so I can monitor moisture and root growth. Can’t use just clear because the roots don’t like light. This is a little deceptive because I had just transplanted them but you can see the water ring around the plant.

4 Likes

I’m digging the clear cup in another cup idea for future growns

2 Likes

Do you have a different light for veg/flower?

1 Like

I don’t yet, but I have two more coming, should be here by tuesday. This one is just on or off, specs shown earlier in the forum. The ones I ordered are bigger and have 3 different settings for different stages. That being said, these are for the great outdoors, so once it is nice enough outside, they will be in 55 gallon drum halves under the sun.I would say in about a 4 to 6 weeks if the weather cooperates

2 Likes

I’ll be no help at that point. All my growing is indoors.

2 Likes

Well, you might, lol. Im having alot of fun with it, so I ordered more seeds yesterday, some are indoor, sativa dominant types. So I’m going to give that a shot too.

3 Likes