1st time grower, looking for advice

I grow inside. I haven’t ventured outside yet. But I’ll help any way I can.

3 Likes

I’m in northern ny, so our grow seasons for anything are short. I would like to try indoor at some point, but outdoor seems less expensive and easier. That is if find success

1 Like

So don’t fret too much you can always bury the stem when you transplant. Make sure your light is 2-3” from plants and they’ll stop stretching.

1 Like

I’m actually doing it right now, unless someone tells me not too. Bury the stem an inch of two from the leaves?

2 Likes

Yeah that will do just fine!

1 Like

How do they look currently?

The pic up I started the topic with is from last night.

If you’re not transplanting them into a bigger pot I’d wait to do that but that’s just my opinion. I doubt it will hurt but less moving is better.

2 Likes

You’re in good hands now! Old school stuff in tha house now!

1 Like

I’m putting them into a pot about twice the size of the ones they are in, only to get the depth needed to cover the stems. But this won’t be there final spot. I’ve got the soil dry enough that it comes out intact, but not over dried. If you guys think keeping the light low and leaving them in what they are in is best, I’ll go with that advice. I thought about doing half and half incase something goes wrong with one or the other.

1 Like

My opinion, BAMA is tha pro here, I would leave em till they fill out that pot. You will know they are ready for transplant when those leaves expand to the edge of the pot…

So I shouldn’t worry about the stems being too weak? I guess you showed me pics of yours and I’m trying to turn back the clock haha

1 Like

Best to wait a bit then, and just lower the light. It won’t hurt to stay in your current home a bit longer. They’re resilient plants so don’t be too afraid.

2 Likes

And yeah, their stalks will automatically fatten the less they need to climb. No worries there.

2 Likes

Ok, will leave them as they are then. Iight is just a few inches above them. Tokers advice is to wait until the leaves fill our past the cup before transplanting them, so I guess my next question would be when to give the nutrients, and what’s suggested? I ordered some chicken soup for the soil, but its being shipped. I was going to use Bergmans stuff bease it seemed idiot proof, but they are sold out

1 Like

Get the Jacks 321 kit. Search jacks nutrients and order it from them.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks! Do I need to be using it now, or after I transplant?

2 Likes

It’s not going to hurt not having it right this second. Just order it and start then, it’s super easy and there’s tons of YouTube vids on how to properly mix it. Always use less and air on the side of dry for your plants. I used berg my first time and jacks seems to be the bees knees! Way cheaper for what you get too.

1 Like

I looked it up, and the 321 kit is hydroponic? Does that matter or is there another option?

1 Like

It can be used both soil and hydro.

2 Likes