1st time grower, looking for advice

I truthfully don’t check unless there is a problem with the plant. My routine is solid, so if the plant doesn’t act stressed, I try to keep her as normal as possible.

1 Like

I agree, not something I really check regularly either. But I can’t really help you without knowing.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks D. Next time I water I will check run off and give you a number. I’ll check what I’m giving it and what’s coming out. As long as the plants stay healthy I’m not going to get to concerned about it. I was more worried about the lights burning my top colas, but thethe shouldn’t even be a problem in a couple days.

2 Likes

The yellie pistols look awesome!

2 Likes

Can’t remember who is indoor or outdoor on here, but @dbrn32 @TokerGuy @BamaGrowLabz @Cannabian @Covertgrower, for my new grown room, should I be looking into Co2?

thats a no from me, at least until you have done a few grows and have the ability to push real strong lighting and be able to dial in the VPD extremely well. I dont know if @Hoppiefrog is doing CO2 but his weed is the top of the pile when it comes to frost production.
Plus C02 displaces oxygen and can be dangerous to human and animal health.
I could see saturating with it in a commercial operation but… really, the little bags are worthless and buying C02 is expensive, the other way is a generator but again, is it gonna give you that much gain? Probably not.
I would think the best anyone can do is have a serious handle on VPD, light intensity, food delivery and max those out, thats where you will see the biggest gains.

4 Likes

I’m not too worried about the dangers of it. The room is not inside my house, and no kids or animals near it. I’m just seeing things about Co2 and trying to clarify if I actually need it. I would prefer no added unnecessary expenses anyways. I do have an air exchanger to circulate fresh air when needed. I also remember D saying that Co2 is a waste if the plants don’t get a high enough amount of light, so it looks like you’ve answered my question lol

1 Like

Only if you don’t have proper air exchange.

3 Likes

its not as easy as you may think to properly incorporate CO2, you cant vent the same way you do without it. Lets say for instance, you have a sensor that turns on you inline fan if it gets too humid or too warm ? Are you going to vent your precious CO2? Im guessing thats not desirable? So how will you go about doing it? How will you control your environment and not vent your gas?

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense! Appreciate the input. I think for what I’m doing, venting fresh air in will suffice.

3 Likes

I think you are making a great choice. You can focus on dialing in your environment and nutrition.

3 Likes

You need to almost perfect your environment in order to benefit at all from co2. This means a great humidifier,a heat pump or ac total environment controller or controls and a sealed room. Heat pump should match total btu of all lights and co2 generator if u go that path. It’s not for the beginner as the pace will overwhelm you and you will have issues with maintenance. After you get your room set up and have at least a successful crop or two I will be happy to help you figure out what will work best for your set up

3 Likes

Thanks hoppie. Sounds like I’m a long way from needing it, which I’m OK with.

3 Likes

It’s expensive to set up right almost 5000 CDN for my set up. It’s kind of the last thing to set up🤗

2 Likes

Holly crap lol. I know only what I’ve read about it. This is my first grow, and I love it, but I’m not sure I’ll ever get to that extent, who knows. I’ve seen forum post of people making DIY kits and using bags and things like that, some say it’s a necessity, others say no, so I thought I’d ask the people I confide in on here. I really appreciate it. I would hate to waste money if it wasn’t going to help.

2 Likes

Co2 is s necessity for photosynthesis, but there is enough co2 in ambient air to cover a good amount of light. It wouldn’t become a benefit to supplement co2 until you are at or exceeding a ppfd average of 1000 umols/s. Less than that and ambient co2 will support your grow, you just need to replenish it as fast as plants use it. A properly sized exhaust and intake for your space will do that.

If you do get supplementing co2, getting setup to maintain the proper level can be expensive. If you invest in that, then you need to invest in methods to keep your temp and humidity proper without exhausting all of your co2. There is definitely benefits to running a sealed room, but cost far exceeds benefits for typical small hobby grows.

4 Likes

So, had a bit of a scare here and long story short, I was pretty sure I was going to get some unwanted visitors. After a near nervous breakdown and some short deliberation, I decided to harvest early. Turned out to be a false alarm ( I think), and I was pretty disappointed. However, for harvesting a bit early, the wife and I are quite happy with the result. Not as smooth as I’d like, but sticky and sugary, and a good high. Attaching a couple pic’s of the harvest. Also got time to get my grow room operational. Still got some work to do, but it’s working out well. I have a caramel cream, two grapefruits, and a green crack going now. Big thanks for all the help that got me this far.

@dbrn32 @repins12 @BamaGrowLabz @Covertgrower @TokerGuy @Cannabian @Hoppiefrog @Bubblehead @Psu8286

7 Likes

Looking dank!

3 Likes

Looks great! When did you chop them and how long did you dry? With a proper cure your stash will likely get a lot smoother.

2 Likes

I can’t remember the exact date, maybe 2 weeks ago sunday? I cut them on a Sunday morning. I dried them in a small room, held the temp at 70 and the humidity at 60. It was about 6 days, then I put them in jars and burped them for a few days I also had a fan going on low. I may have dried them too fast, or too long? My top buds smelled ad smoked great. The smaller buds ok but harsh, and alittle hay smelling. Could have been just less mature? Either way, I’m going to build another closet just for drying. I think I could make it a better setup than I had.

1 Like