1st time grower, looking for advice

Ive had a change of heart, because your flowering has already begun right? No biggie if you have already transplanted, but if you havent, dont… try the flush first and once you get her cleaned out, begin feeding a light dose of your flowering stuff… hopefully it has enough N in it to keep her happy!

2 Likes

We’ll all help you as best we can but you’ll find everyone has to find what works best for them. Send pics lol. My banana Kush is the one I trimmed up really good last night. I’m going to guess and say by the end of my grow they’ll weigh between 9-15g each dried

image image image image

5 Likes

I think you all are correct on the nutrient lock. I’ve have another plant showing the same leaf discoloration now. I flushed both of those plants out and had a white salty looking residue. You can see some of it on the floor in the pics. I really hope I haven’t come this far to fail. @BamaGrowLabz, here are some pics of what I’ve got as far as trimming. Your plants a beautiful, and very different from mine. As you’ve said, there are many different techniques for trimming, and I’m so new I really don’t know what works for me. I’ve just tried my best to take what isn’t getting enough light, and take what the plant gives me, since they all seem a little different. I also tried LST on some, others I just let grow. Open to any advice from anyone!

3 Likes

As you can see, the natural shaped plants have dollar buds up the stems and a main cola on the top with secondary colas on the subdominant stems. Outdoors, that is usually fine because the sun has equal intensity from top to bottom of the plant. Indoor lighting looses intensity quite fast the further you get from the fixture.
For the lower dollar buds to be larger and more productive, really high end lighting or side lighting is needed. Most growers dont have that capacity so the interior buds of the plant are normally removed to put more energy into the dominant buds. At this point I would leave them to finish their cycle. Also, super tall plants with low intensity lighting is not ideal, 3 foot plants are more ideal for medium to lower end fixtures. Grow them out and see what you get! You have a long way to go so be patient. Feel free to remove the lower old fan leaves and any garbage.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 your opinions on this light?

I also have my other flower boards to use with it in my room as well, 8x10, 9 foot ceiling.

2 Likes

Excellent light.

2 Likes

Im probably going to order one. It’s pricey ( for me ) but Im hoping the rewards are worth it

2 Likes

I don’t have that light, but I know you wouldn’t be dissatisfied with how it grows.

2 Likes

What do you run for what size space?

1 Like

I agree, should do well for something like 5x5 area.

1 Like

I have the Rapid LED kit. For a 4x4. I chose the Cree’s. Also an excellent light.

1 Like

Hey guys. Just curious about the yellow tips on the leaves. Is this light burn? It’s only on the very tips of my colas closest to the lights. Lights are about 18 to 24 inches, depending on plant. I’m out of height until they go into the new room ( tomorrow or monday), and the new light should be here Tuesday @dbrn32 @TokerGuy @BamaGrowLabz @Cannabian @Covertgrower

4 Likes

I don’t see any light burn there. Prob just some nute burn at the tips which is where I like it to be at your stage. They look beautiful to me!

What are your humidity levels? Sometimes the humidity closer to the lights is lower than the rest of the plant. Might be why u see some of those leaves folding in a bit or the tips pointing up. Not a major problem though. When u change tents it may go away completely.

3 Likes

I’m set at 40%. I have a sensor about a foot high in the middle of the plants that always reads exactly what the dehumidifier does. So that could be part of it. But if that looks ok, I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll post some pics of the new room in a few days.

1 Like

I also have a fan that I raised so it’s moving the air higher on the plant

2 Likes

yeah, no worries man. I’ve had great budz from plants that look like yours. Because they are looking perfect to me. Nice work!

2 Likes

That’s nutrient burn, how are you looking on ppm in/out?

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve never checked either, ever. I did get a meter, but I’ve never used it. I’ve just followed the Jacks feeding schedule starting around 5 weeks after popping soil, and that’s it.

1 Like

LOL!!! Ya crazy white knuckler you!!! :yum::sunglasses::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Lol. Idk. Ive read some forums where people with soil don’t test ppms. I know a few people personally that don’t test ppm or ph, I’m not sure how they get away without testing the ph. But my plants never appeared to have any nutrient issues until 2 weeks ago, and that was me letting the salt and ph get away from me. The watering has been a learning process trying to avoid too much or too little, and during that process the salts built up and tweaked my ph in a couple plants. But I’ll know better next time. But since we are having this convo, lol, what is the proper way to test ppm and what kind of numbers should I be looking for?

1 Like