1st time grower jack herer autos in ffof

I am growing 3 jack herer auto’s in 50/50 mix of fox farm ocean forest and fox farm happy frog soil in 5 gal smart pots fabric. Indoor grow tent with mars hydro 1000 led light, running 24hr light cycle. I have been just watering so far and doing good starting week 3 tomorrow 2/7/22. When do I start my nutrients I will be using the hydroponics flora series

3 Likes

Welcome!!! FF soils will hold you til about 5ish weeks. Then most give about half strength nutes to see how their plants take it.

5 Likes

Thank you this is all new to me I really appreciate any and all help. Im watering with distilled water do I need to add any calmg?

3 Likes

You’re probably good without it for now, but you may need to when feeding time starts. Your girls are nice and green now. I have the GH nutes, but have never used them, so I’m not familiar with their NPK ratios.

1 Like

Welcome aboard and will be watching this grow 4 sure nice babies

When watering my plant’s am I supposed to water them until I see water coming out of the bottom, I have read in a few places that’s what ur supposed to do. But I’ve been so scared of over watering all I have been giving each plant is a 20oz bottle of water every 2 to 3 days or when I stick my finger in the soil and it’s dry. Any thoughts my people?

Do you have a pH meter? Distilled water can be funky starting out at 7 then dropping based on absorption of CO2, etc.

Shockingly, I discovered my tap water was 8.3 pH… so I have to use pH down every time

Good luck!

Yes I do and my ph has been 5.5 to 6.5 . Thats one of the ranges I read to stay in and then the other day I read it should be 6.5 to 7. But should I be watering until it start to come out of the bottom or no?

1 Like

Well yes, I water only when the pots are very light and the leaves start to droop… but then I water them slowly but heavily so that water runs out of the bottom and pretty much fills up the pan below them.

In other words, water only when they are dry… but when you do, completely saturate the dirt.

In my mind you want every root fragment to have water occasionally

1 Like

You will NEED a good Ph METER and an inexpencive tds meter, no tape strips or drops. Search Ph meter and tds pens on the site and you will have the ? Answered About these meters. Very important for good results.

1 Like

This is the one I bought a few weeks ago

1 Like

Does anyone know why these 2 leaves are the only ones that have these spots and what is the matter with her

New pics trimmed a little so the lower nodes can get some better light. 2/10/22

1 Like

1 Like

Looks to me like maybe the spotted leaves were touching the soil. No big deal. If they get worse, just cut em off.

Thank u very much. I didn’t realize that just by touching the soil they could get spots on them.

1 Like

No worries, it’s easy to overlook little things like that when you’re looking for a bigger problem. How are they looking today?

I think they are doing really good.

I did start my 1st feed of nutrients Saturday night. I cut the dose in half of what the bottle says. Im using the hydroponics flora series and some calmg. I do have a question now that I’m starting nutrients is that all I feed them now is just nutrients or do I still water with ph water to?

1 Like