1st Time grower help required

Hi all, I appear to have a problem with my plants and I am in need of some help.

Non Autoflower white widow
Soil
Pots
Water ph direct from tap 6.8 - 7.0
Ppm. Unknown
Indoor growth

Any help would be grateful

2 Likes

Welcome @Demonstag
There is some good people here who are skilled at recognizing nutrient deficiency.
They will chime in through the day.
My view without more info is you are probably lacking something like nitrogen, pic on left,
and the second photo looks like a cal/mag deficiency.

Perhaps copy and answer these questions…
Copy and paste
“Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain;

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size?

Temps;

Humidity;

Ventilation system;

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

3 Likes

Two diff plants. 2 very diff symptoms. That support ticket would be immensely helpful. Off the top… that soil looks… different. Is it soil or coco? And nexttime id add perlite or some kinda ‘fluffer’ (vermiculite etc)

Now off the look. This plant looks hungry

n that leaf looks a tad mag deficient. Id double check her runoffs ph before adjusting tho.

N this plant scream N burn. Too much nitrogen. Could be from ur soil, or improper feeding rates

3 Likes

I don’t do soil, but if you don’t have a ph pen and a ppm meter, well, it’s going to be a struggle.

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 I don’t use any gadgets. I will have my 2nd grow light by Monday. I have 2 fans and my light timer. I also have my cigar gadget for reading temp and humidity. That is the extent of my gadgets. I don’t read ph run off at all. I don’t use Cal-Mag either. And my girls do just fine and only getting better. Especially with adding a 2nd 600w grow light.

Now my first couple of crops didn’t reach its full potential but I learned what to do and what not to do. Practice makes perfect.

1 Like

I respect your methods.

@Grandaddy013 I have learned a lot more joining. But as for the ph and all that I will just let my green thumb work it’s magic. Who knows I may change and do all that. Doubtful…plenty of knowledge on here if something seems off with my plants.

1 Like

They are really diagnostic tools. Not always, but a lot of the time, having these readings when trying to diagnose a problem is helpful.

Just curious, do you let your water “breath” before it goes to the plants. Tap water has chlorine and other things in it that could cause problems. It is best to put it in a bucket or something for 12-24 hours so most of the additives can evaporate/escape before you water your plants

1 Like

@Ron330 I tried that with our tap water and it didn’t work for me. Not even after 5 days. So I bought a water filter gadget for the tap and I picked one that gets rid of chlorine. Best thing I did.

I know our water was chlorinated but not at the level it is. Our actual tap water before filter was brown. Yes, you read that correctly.
The filter made the water clear. Best $30 I spent.

@Grandaddy013 Oh I understand what you mean. I studied Biochemistry in College.

2 Likes