1st time grower don’t know what I’m doing

I’m a first time grower. I’m growing In rockwool. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated. Both pics taken the same day.

Welcome I know nothing about rock wool but looks like over watered and is damping off I going to tag @PurpNGold74

Rockwool is garbage. Paper towel the seeds to germ them, then go to solo cup with soil. Could be too wet all the time and dampen off or too dry. Seedlings take the water they need from the air. First pic it looks happy but the Rockwood must of been way too wet when you watered it. You want it to almost dry out then add a bit of water not waterlogging the cube or else while its trying to make roots it basically drowns.the tiny root hsirs its developing needs oxygen. Rockwood cubes and peatmoss plugs are only good for cloning. I tried to germ 20 seeds in plugs and had 10 die xuz they are crap. 99 percent germ and survival rate with paper towel method then into solo cups.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help. I’ll use that method.

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Elsamahy , your seeds need water to soak into the “shell” to get the process going BUT, after they start like in the first pic it should be in soil or peat moss or coco coir and VERY little water till they get to @3 weeks. Till then you should only give a few drops of water 1-2” away from the base so the roots have to grow to find the water. Called damping off, it usually kills the seedling by drowning the roots which need O2. This is why some, like me use a few drops of Peroxide in the teaspoon of water used to soak the seed in a paper towel for the first day or so. Peroxide in the water releases oxygen readily, which helps initial root development.