1st time grower 1st try in Shower Growspace

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed = Jack Herer Autoflower from ILGM

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF = Natures Care Organic soil from Lowes

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths = 2.5 gal Bucket

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) = 6.5

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable = let the soil do it’s thing

Indoor or Outdoor = Indoor

Light system = Sun Blaster ESP 13W 6400K E26 120V 60Hz 220mA above each plant

Temps; Day, Night = maintained 75 to 80 degrees

Humidity; Day, Night = runs between 55 to 65 %

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size = No

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, = small ceramic heater to maintain 75 to 80 degrees

Co2; Yes, No = NO

I think the reason for small plant size is mostly lighting and container size so my question is when will these be ready to harvest?? the Photo’s are week 15 from put in soil. I can see little white hair like stuff on leaves and buds but not sure what it is. Do I wait until that changes to signal harvest??

Thanks in advance for all your time and input.

1 Like

You need to think about upgrading your lights. Do you run on a 12/12 light schedule? When did the white hairs form?

3 Likes

Been running lights 18 on, 6 off. 1 week ago.

They are autoflower so they started blooming when they started forming the white hairs (pistils). You count flower time from then. Plant finish is usually measured by the state of the trich’s being cloudy with partial amber.

Thanks WickedAle, Very helpful. Building budget for better lights.

1 Like

When you are ready the community here can help you with low cost EFFICIENT lights for your grow. The current lights will only get you grams to maybe an ounce. A $150 investment will get you close to 1/2 lb.

2 Likes

Cool Beans!! Thanks again for the input. The objective of this 1st grow was to prove a couple of things on limited investment. 1= I can get something to grow. 2= Plants would grow in this space and environment from start to finish. Now that this is proven I can focus on better equipment for bigger yeilds.

5 Likes

Was able get a little buget together, like to keep it under 200. Any recommendations?

How big is the space you want to light?

Using a unused shower in a spare bedroom. 2 foot wide, 2 foot length, 6 foot tall.

So you could easily get by with a single QB288 from Horticultural lighting group.

• 1x QB288V2 (3000K) w/ heatsink @$89 or if you want to splurge go with QB288V2 RSpec w/ heatsink for $99
  • 1x HLG120H-54A (Jameco)$43
  • Misc connectors, bolts, screw, wire, hangers, power cord, $15-20. I used an old computer power cord(Home Depot)

Thanks for the information.

1 Like