1st time grow, seeking advice…

Only kept them out there for 2 hours checked good and put back in tent

1 Like

-Update! So 2 of the 3 seedlings have risen up, the one that hasn’t is the one that didn’t crack open in the water soak, it was also the smallest of the 3… Thr one is hard to see in the pic, it’s pretty dirty and the shell of seed may be on it still? When I’m out of work I’ll check in on her again.

-Question: Is my temp too cool? It’s about 64 Fahrenheit (I haven’t had any luck changing the meter reading from celsius yet haha). And how about the humidity level? The tent had been pretty consistent in the mid fifties, it was a bit higher this morning…

Humidity could be higher but nothing to worry about.
I would concern myself with those low temps with seedlings. Your gonna have really slow growth with it that cool. Can you get your hands on a heat mat? That would be extremely helpful till it warms up.

2 Likes

Yes a heat mat is doable :+1:t3: I imagine that the tent will get warmer as the lighting is increased over time? Thanks for weighing in :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Retiredoldguy @BigItch @beachglass @danniep40 @new2-420
Just about 2 weeks old now (the 2 in the center in the black pots). Went from solo cups to 5g, they were the width of the cup. The 2 on the left are the same WW Photos, about a week old. They’re going to new homes, I’m just getting them going. Will all be going outside for the summer…
The pots on the right are lsd-25, they just popped through the soil this morning. They’ll be staying inside…
Temp has been pretty steady low 70’s, humidity between 60-65% typically. Light cycle is 18/6, dli right now is ~27 for center pots, and the outside ones are all ~15. Tower fan always running on low. Watering just enough to keep soil damp, and I let it get dry before adding water. I started to ph the water as I’m using a bit more now. Aim for 6.5 and keep it within a couple points either way.
Question for you guys: is there anything I’m missing? Or any pointers on where to go moving forward? I plan to move the center plants outside soon (a week or so?). And then the other WW a week or two after that…
Any advice would be appreciated. I tagged you guys as you had weighed in before :+1:t3:

2 Likes

You have done your homework and from what I’m looking at I couldn’t add a thing. Well done brother :sunglasses:
I’m going to tag along Incase there is something I feel I can offer your grow.

2 Likes

Looks terrific my brother!

1 Like

I’m unsure why, and if anyone else does it, but I always keep mine in the dark until they’re out the soil and standing, then turn lights on, then when the bay leaves open up I remove the domes :pray:t2:

1 Like

that’s interesting, and kinda the opposite of what I’ve been doing (in my limited experience). Once into the soil mine get the normal light schedule (18/6) right off the bat and also the domes placed over top. And when the leaves touch the sides of the domes I’ll take them off. As long as we’re getting the results we want we should stick to our regimens hehe :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Oh most definitely ! You do whatever easier for you brother :pray:t2: I have never had a failed germination the way I do it, not once

1 Like