1st time grow Platinum GSC HELP!

2 platinum gsc about a month and hf,both display illness. Growth is slow, and discoloration is showing more. I have flushed the nutes and tried freshly PHed water.still same result…
using an Aerogarden 6 or 7 classic set to flowers.
i have General Hydroponics
PH tester drops and ph up/down.usually keep at 6.0(yellow).and never add directly.
I use an FEIT Electric BR30 E26 (Medium) LED Bulb Sunlight 60 Watt Equivalence 1 pk for extra lighting. 18/6 schedule for 2 more weeks.
Using 3pk GH flora series and GH calmag
2.5 ml for all 3 and 2.5ml for calimagic
I use an air pump and airstone 24/7
Along with a mini fan.
Using tap water left out 24hr.

I’ve never done hydro but have seen a few in the forum that do. They should be along shortly. @MrPeat @AAA @Oldtimer69 @Myfriendis410 … yall know any hydro growers in here?

2 Likes

I know @repins12 is doing Hydro for sure. Outside that no clue because plenty do. I stick to soil only as I wouldn’t be able to chill the water down in this cracker jack box of a house.

It seems like @BetrayedSoul is possibly a Hydro growe. If not…seems he is pretty informed about it.

1 Like

How much air is below your net cup? I saw almost none. Your roots still need some air!

1 Like

I would say water level looks high.
Make sure there is a gap below net pot of 2 inch. 1.5 will suffice.
Hard to tell how big plant is. I usually just run 1ml/gal until they are 12 inch or so. Then run 50% reccomended until flower.

That seems like a small res and may not be big enough for the roots you are going to have with 1 plant.

Here is a rootball from 1 plant. Vegged 5 weeks and complete through flower. It’s in an 8 gal pot.

Best to have ph at 5.8 with fluctuation from 5.6 to 5.9

4 Likes

I think @Grandaddy013 and @TDubWilly do.

2 Likes

get some air to the roots and your plants will thrive in a hydro set up!

1 Like

Problem number one is insufficient light. The plant will struggle to grow beyond a certain point and will be susceptible to disease. Without the light there is reduced movement of liquid from roots to canopy so growth is slower.

You HAVE to have correct light. Everything starts there.

2 Likes

If you are in an aerogarden type system, which it appears to be, it will not be suitable to grow a plant from stat to finish. I bought one with intents on using it to stat plants or clones, I have never used it yet. Unfortunately, I’m afraid that you are going to need a bigger system. I have one plant that is now occupying the space of 3 27gal totes and like you have seen from the others pictures the root systems are massive. I hate to say that you are not gonna make it to the finish line even with one plant in a system that small. Just my humble opinion. I know nothing about hydro this is my first run but, my research says, no go. Sorry. Maybe throw together some bubble buckets. If this site would allow me to post pictures, I would show you what I mean :+1:

2 Likes

I can’t thank you all enough for taking the time to help .
My aerogarden orginally comes with nets that are shorter,had to order new pods/nets and now they are taller which dip into the water. Will definitely try giving them space…the reservoir holds 1 gallon. Heard of a technique called “root pruning” seem a little dangerous if not sterile and dim. I have the 2 aerogarden lights plus the extra led light. Total PH control is a little difficult with drops but i get close enough to the color indicator on the vile. Also not sure whether to classify it as a hydroponics or aeroponics grow…

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Keep in mind, with an ideal environment, plants wil double when they flower. So think about how your roots will do. Good luck.

1 Like