1st Time Grow, Here Goes Nothing

Sounds like a plan to me, thank you!

1 Like

She’ll keep growin that way, too. It’s gonna be a joy to watch. Yours is technically a tetraploid.

Here’s Tony this AM, my polyploid - well, triploid to be exact.

4 Likes

I didnt realise that! Very awesome

1 Like

Alright end of week 1 update time, The drooping issue seemed to resolve itself by the following morning. Havent done a watering since then, just 2 sprays in the humidity domes with ph’d water.
Plant#3 still looks odd to me, but it could just be weird grower, the Mutant has been pretty slow growing the last few days, I imagine it’s trying to establish some good roots. Plant#1 has been coasting along, noticeable growth each day. Not too sure on the color of any of these tbh, not too concerned since I know the tendency for new growers is to stress the small stuff. If you notice anything out of wack, etc your input would be greatly appreciated. All plants have been in the dirt 7 days as of today.

Plant#1

Plant#2/Mutant

Plant#3

5 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Crazy looking seedling

Just a bump due to seperate issues another member was having

2 Likes

Day 11 Update, both plants #1 and #3 seem to be picking up the pace with their growth. They no longer fit under what I was using as humidity domes, so I have started using the humidifier I have in the tent. I think they would be considered to be in veg now, but am unsure. #2/Mutant seems to slow, and its leaves look very odd in comparison to the other two. I speculate that #2 may be the plant that I do away with later on, but am waiting to see if it turns itself around. All plants seem to be liking the 18/6 light cycle I have been using so Ill continue with that for now. All 3 plants have been sitting under 100% of my light, which at the current height above the plants equates to between 234-276 ppfd, I believe that I need to lower the light if 2 of them are in veg so that number goes up but dont want to rush it. Any advice in that department would be great. As always if you see anything that catches your eye please tell me and thank you for taking the time to view my post. Pictures of the plants below, I forgot to take 2 pictures of the mutant so Ill add another later.

Plant#1

Plant#2/Mutant

Plant#3

3 Likes

Veg starts as soon as the first true leaves apear (5, 7, or 11 fingers depending on strain.

Id go ahead and ease them into it raise your ppfd every couple days till you get up there.

Mutie is coming along might be a few days behind just because she is abnormal.

1 Like

@Docnraq thanks for the info, I figured she was behind because of that haha. Ill do what you said and start easing them into higher ppfd’s

1 Like

does the cake next to your name mean its your birthday? If so happy birthday!

1 Like

Also quick question sorry for the back to back messages, How long is the normal time to wait before watering till runoff?

I go by size of plant once veg starts I water a quart. By the time thats used up (3-5 days) I water 1/2 gallon. Another 3-5 days full watering (for me thats 3/4 gallon in 3gal pot and full gallon in 5 gal pot.)

It is my birthday, thank you.

Ask as many questions as you need answerd, happy to help.

2 Likes

Exactly the answer I was hoping for, thank you!

2 Likes

Agreed. Only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. :v:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone Just a few quick questions today, first if plants have a bend in their stem that is a result of the way they grew, will they straighten out typically? (all 3 have close to 400 ppfd currently, #2 and #3 seemed to come out the soil at a slight angle).

I noticed a small little spot on one of plant #1’s leaves near the center, hopefully you can see it in the picture. I cant find any other spots on any other leaf on all 3 of the plants, seems isolated. Any ideas what it might be?

Lastly is just a newbie question, using this picture of plant#1 as a reference, are the tiny little sprouts coming off of the stem of the plant new/future leaf sights?

As always thanks so much for your time!

No, but the bigger question is if the stem bend is below the first set of leaves or above. I once upon a time had a plant who grew bent and strange from the onset and she got so heavy during veg that she actually pinched herself off - just up and died on me.

I actually have another plant right now doing something very similar and I’m anxiously trying to figure out how to get support below the base so she doesn’t die the same way.

Yep.

Looks almost like a little drip of nutrient water - I specify “nutrient water” because plain water doesn’t actually hurt most cannabis - water-induced leaf burn is almost always a result of something else in the water - there generally aren’t hairs on the top of the leaves to suspend water above the leaf surface, so the whole “magnifying glass” thing that causes leaf burn with plain old water isn’t at play for the majority of our plants. I won’t say never, but more often than not the surfaces smooth.

Anyway, I’d also start investigating for pests - check above and below the leaf (pay special care to the underside of the leaf) with a magnifying glass or microscope. Thrips and spider mites are often impossible to see with the naked eye until the infestation is so bad it’s too late - routine exams before then is always a good idea.

3 Likes

Everything @Graysin said and…

Those are branches. To be clear you were asking about these right?

1 Like

@Graysin I took some pictures so You could see, I dont think the bends are crazy, just looks like they are growing at an angle.

I haven’t watered with any nutrient water yet, the only time they have come in contact with water directly on their leaves was a day ago, I sprayed 2 spurts from a spray bottle of ph’d water to help get the humidity up. Could regular tap water in the humidifier cause it? I’ve checked under leaves, etc the best I can without a microscope handy. Ill order one today. Any preventative measures I could take currently? I feel like i read about soap and water being sprayed on plants for something but cant remember.

@Docnraq Yeah those were what I was referring to, sorry didn’t think to circle them

Captain Jack’s Dead Bug is my go-to, since it can be used safely from seed to harvest.

If you haven’t fed, I’d be doubling down on investigating for bugs. It may be a weird one-off, but keep an eye and inspect as soon as possible.

Dish soap and water works, but it can be hard on the plant since soap breaks down oils and fats. I reserve insecticidal soaps for when I know I have a problem I need to solve.

By the way, pH’d water may have been a culprit, especially if the pH up/down wasn’t as well-mixed as you thought.

2 Likes

Once you plant is a lil bigger you can tie her up and straitin the direction of your stalk.

1 Like