1st time drying need help with drying and curing

WOW if @Fairieswear8ootsdoe doesn’t have a PHD then I sure think that ILGM should issue him/her a honorary degree wether his/her method works or not. the effort he/her put into the response was outstanding in my book. I don’t mean to demean anyone else but I wish a lot of responses was as detailed. Great response, well done, thank you very much.

7 Likes

I have the exact same question because mine does smell like gas or some related chemical. Taste isn’t terrible and the high is okay but the smell!!! I wouldn’t buy it but then again I don’t buy anyway .

All I can say is AMAZON

Yeah Mine are white widow auto and I has pretty good but I’m just waiting for the smell to change if it changes

1 Like

Sounds like either you’re not done burping, or you got some funky funk.

i used to dry hanging upside down for many years .
if i used my tent , its a waist of time about 10-14 days i could not use my tent .
so i start hanging it in the room , but the smell was so strong .
i started looking for a solution on the web and asked friend .
there is a new product from japan that dry the canabis in a container , but the price is around 4k usd - no way .
there is a machine called wedryer , cost around 100$ .
it free my tent an prevent mold spreading .
ordered it and got it just in time to dry my GG#4 .
i was able to squize inside about 3.2 pound
it has a special replaceble filter that filter all the odor .
so i just hang it in my leaving room - man there was no odor .
just took out the dry weed and the batch dryed evenly .
now my new clones are already 1 week old inside my tent .
will let you know in a 2 weeks after curing the taste .

7 Likes

@bob420 I just received my Wedryer today. Thought I would give it a try for odor control. I am going to cut the Northern Lights in the morning. I hope it works as advertised. If it works I will build a box for my dehydrator shelves and put a fan in with charcoal filter and have another drying box.

I am weary so will probably put 1/2 the harvest in the Wedryer and just hang the rest as I did the LSD previously.

Any one else use the Wedryer or a filtered drying box?

RAP

i am used wedryer .
i dryed my bruce banner and it gave me a very high quality drying result (crispy) .
i hang it in my bed room - and there is no smell .
i am drying 4 plants every 2 months so its exactly the size i need .
i tried before to make a drying box diy but it wasnt as perfect .
there is a corelation between the filter size , the fan speed and the box size .

2 Likes

great post fairies. am new to this site and i bookmarked this post as i will want to refer to it in about 3 months.

I’m thinking about ordering one. Where does it ship from?

I’m thinking about ordering the wedryer. Where does it ship from?

Oh… and do you still use the humidity packets with the Wedryer?

I ordered one and all I can say is that the international tracking information was in French. Once UPS picked up in the US I could actually read it. I don’t know about the humidity packets. I had planned on using those once it went in Jars.

I don’t use the humidity packets in the wedryer . because of the air circulation inside the wedryer , there is no need for the packet .
I use the packet for the curing faze

@bob420 Just want to be sure I understand this. When using the weDryer, you can’t hang the stalks upside down, so you must cut the buds from the stem, trim the buds, then dry? I couldn’t find a good you tube video that demonstrates this.

yes -its “wet trimming” - you trim the bud from the stalks and manicure it from the leaves. (easier when wet)
then you put it inside the wedryer . and thats it.
look at youtube at the clip . and you will understand,

:slight_smile: I get it. How long do you leave in the dryer? I’m assuming it will come with instructions. I am watching the tracking from Israel. It arrived in the US on the 14th about 10 days from shipping which was 7 days after ordering. Still hasn’t arrived here, but I left myself plenty of time.

1 Like

@JimmyBeam , it depends. mainly on the density of your bud. it took me about 5 days, and I had good looking buds. there is a manual instruction, and also there is an instruction online.

1 Like

just received it today. I have the same feeling I had getting a bike for Christmas. when will the snow be gone so I can ride it. In this case, when will the plants be ready so I can dry them.

2 Likes

Anyone know where I can purchase the wedryer from that will ship to the UK?