1st shot at mainlining/fluxing

I will vouch for using “staples”. Once the soil compacts a bit the staples will usually hold. If not, I use a heavier gauge wire and cut them longer for the extra weight (14 gauge fencing wire). Not a manifold but you get the idea

This is my first attempt at a manifold with a little flux.
I used a clone so I chose the one with the closest alternate leaves. You can see it was not topped to get the manifold. None the less it split when I put pressure on it - a little aloe vera to help it heal

A bit of a mess. It is 15 weeks since it was cut. Used some skewers to establish shape.

The next step was: (after removing unwanted lateral stems)

After it was topped and transplanted to 3 gallon (3x3 tent, 5 plants = 3 gallon pots).

It is coming around. Used staples where I could. Otherwise tied to edge of bag

My next grow will be from seed and plan on them being more like MeEasy’s for more vertical growth.

4 Likes

@beardless I see your main stem split, I’ve done the same thing more than once. I read in one of the tutorials that if when you top them cut higher then the node to leave a 1/4 to 1/2 inch stem sticking up and it is stronger and less likely to split. I still split em I’ve never not left the stem so I don’t know if it’s stronger than without. I scribbled on this pic to point it out. Thanks for all the atta boys, I wish I could take credit for the technique but it was someone else who came up with it I just learned it like you. Like the song “It wasn’t me” lol

3 Likes

@Kotnmouf. I am definitely watching this thread. I need a new technique for next grow since I have an overgrown jungle in the closet!

Two more weeks and I will trim a much as my heart can handle.

Thanks. The plant pictured isn’t a manifold in the truest sense other than it has only two main growth points. This will maybe show what I mean better. The branch on the left is actually the apical stem.

Because it is a clone, the branching structure isn’t opposite so I cheated and just bent the apical stem at the most convenient branch node. Hence, no stub. I did top this stem to slow its growth down (several times). I wonder if it will get the big knuckles like traditional manifolds?

@Kotnmouf, yes ties are necessary. You did a great job. One suggestion. I was told to leave as many original interior leaves as possible. Like the leaf stems at the branch nodes. You can see it better in the last overhead photo. Doing so encourages stronger growth etc. They will be removed as it matures and definitely at traditional defoliation dates.

1 Like

Aah the way you have the wire wrapped it looked like a couple of mine where I split the stem and had to tie it together with my wire lol or tape

@JaneQP Growweedeasy Nebula’s mainlining tutorial is an excellent reference. Cocoforcannabis also has a very good guide and articles.
Then again, there is @Arrow. Perfection in the hands of an artist. I had to save some of his posts because, … they speak for themselves

@Kotnmouf you can see what I meant about the leaves

Just sharing the love. Photos from:
Arrow’s labour of love

7 Likes

I’ve talked with @Arrow a few times and got some pointers that I’m gonna try on some future grows. I just moved into a tent and I’m planning a couple experiment grows to try some different methods I’ve picked up along the way. Right now I’m doing SOG because in my closet with smaller lights I narrowed down this way to maximize my harvest with the setup I had. Now I have to try fewer larger plants again the new lights I have have much better penitration and I think I could get more out of some bigger plants. I might end up back here but I have to try it my OCD won’t let well enough alone until I have tried :exploding_head:

3 Likes

@beardless. I will check out @Arrow. @MeEasy has been a great resource and has helped tremendously with this grow.

1 Like

I also have a little SOG going. 12 plants, 6" nursery pots in a 18x24 space. About a month ago

on 1/10 Two weeks into flower

Sea of Green Acres AK47 & NL Clones

4 Likes

I am humbled my friend :blush: …I will help whenever I can…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

What can I say. They are inspirational.

2 Likes

Shit @beardless those are beautiful and trained to have a perfect canopy which is the goal of all indoor growers or at least should be the goal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks. First attempt at this method. They are a mix of AK-47 and NL. The AKs are a little more aggressive growers than the NL. The tops are spread out enough so light should not be a problem.
I will be posting some updated photos on my thread soon.

1 Like

Thats some art right there

I will definitely be having a look through Arrow’s labour of love!

1 Like

It’s crazy what he can do with a plant

1 Like

Any idea what this is? Can’t be a bud because its only seedling and doesn’t look like new growth its an actual cluster…or am I just way too wake and baked?

Its the only one out of the bunch? Freakish genetics or deformity? Its a seedling from unknown origin.

1 Like

Looks like a male flower? Got to be a mutant of some kind. I’ve seen some weird things grow out of plants over the years.

1 Like

Thanks thats what I figured just wanted some conformation before giving it the axe