1st Journal-Purple Haze

Can’t wait to smoke some.I’m getting closer.Just checked and the middle of a bud is reading 18% with the moisture meter.Small branches bend and crimp like a straw,not too brittle.May be a couple more days .
The cups have 4more Purple Haze,trying to use them so I can try something new.

1 Like

hahhah i love your little drawing of where to top…so many people ask me that im gonna use this picture from now on thank you lol! :slight_smile: great job!! it all looks like fire :fire: :fire: :fire_engine:

hahaha heck yah get it!!, thats awesome VA just decrimmed for rec and you can grow!! makes me wish i still lived in the blue ridge mtns on the NC border great seasons for growing there

1 Like

@nodurxshn ,glad you liked the drawing.I was having a hard time understanding where to top and still have room under the plant to water.

*Started 4 more seeds*

Trying to build up my personal stock lol.Maybe then I will be able to do a proper cure before smoking it up too fast.Going with coco and smartpots this round.

*blue ridge mtns on the NC border*

I love that area of the state too.We have some distant relatives near Grandfarther Mountain N.C.
2 Likes

heck yah friend!! hey dont overthink seeds. i been where you are and ive freaked out many times about this thought…all the grow knowledge in the world and all the experience dont mean squat without a seed…i love ilgm and i think there strain stock and prices are legit …big issue for me …they sell every strain in dispensaries around me…makes it hard for me because the only strains im legal to grow are strains not offered in this state from rec dispos…that being said there are a lot of places online you can meet and greet with breeders and they will hook you up just to see what you can do.

Good point,I may do some looking into other seed banks.

1 Like

lol i mean you can find people not seed banks that will link up with you to trade or sample seeds from their personal grows. its far from a legit seed bank like ilgm,but it might help you allocate some seeds and also find some rare and unique strains. i personally bought a lot of seeds from ilgm before i learned that its not legal for me to grow any of them but im moving to a better state soon so im glad i have them in my vault :slight_smile:

1 Like

This. I’ve got an autoflower of one of the old 70s strains that got crossed with ruderalis. I have no idea but the breeder has all the history. I’m not growing those out right now because it’ll take some mastery - they’re reg autos and I don’t want to waste that pollen if I get a male.

I’ve used Royal Queen Seeds - 10/10
Attitude Seed Bank - 10/10
Herbie’s Seeds - 8/10
Quebec Cannabis Seeds - 7/10
ILGM - 10/10
The Real Seed Company - 11/10
Weed seed express- ???/10 (order hasn’t arrived yet)

My beef with Herbie’s was payment was a little difficult. They “accept credit cards” but none of three different cards actually worked. Then it took a few days to sort out getting them a different payment method. Other than that hiccup, 10/10. I got comfy socks from their local dollar store equivalent and I think @Alaska420 got a dope plain white tee.

My grief with Quebec Cannabis Seeds is my second order was full of seeds that wouldn’t germ (partly user error but I don’t think I can blame myself entirely.). Next, one of the seeds was cracked because of how they packaged them - not from transit. It was not viable and they never responded to my inquiry about the cracked seed. The first order had gone so smoothly and the seeds were so good, they were my first repeat order. I won’t be going back unless there’s a strain I can’t find anywhere else.

Real Seed Co. exceeded my expectations in every way. The seeds arrived so stealthily packaged I nearly threw them away. I kid you not. I threw the package down on the table out of frustration that my seeds got confiscated at customs when I heard them RATTLE. wtf. Anyway. I found them. Legitimate landrace seeds from around the world with a solid genetic history documented on the strain page - where they came from, what generation of seeds they’re on, etc.

But nothing beats being able to talk to the breeder. @Mark0427 reps Gemini Genetics and it convinced me to grab a couple packs. Gemini is a legit dude, he was more than happy to take time out of his day to lay the generic history on me about all the parents and crosses. That’s what my thoughts are, anyhow.

6 Likes

nice! i actually have some ruderalis strains from russia, i was gonna grow em for fun and just to say i did it, at some point :slight_smile:

Once you go bitcoin you won’t go back never had a problem

Yeah I didn’t have enough crypto ready to rock so I thought “why not?”

1 Like

Yes Gemini genetics guy is awesome fella. I do have reg autos from him I’ve not dropped any yet

1 Like

Greetings and thank you for your time,
Greetings fellow VA. Res. If you come up with some information and you are interested in sharing I would be interested in hearing and even a order as well. They left us in a confusing state of mind as far as growing goes. However G Leaf got a leg up help across the state lines. We should be able to as well. They have been handing seeds out at some of the grow supply places I saw in Richmond newspaper, but I was not going to stand in a line for the unknown strain. Take care like your shed set up.
Thanks again for your time

I might give this try at some point after I feel confident on my first few grows.

What ilgm seeds do you like?

1 Like

I would love to get some of the old Acapulco Gold or Colombian from back in the 70s.
Most of my weed back then was probably whats called Mexican brick weed,lots of seeds and stems.My first bag was “nickle bag”,got you high but had to smoke a lot lol

3 Likes

MK ultra, just a bread winner as far as resistance and growth

1 Like

Greetings and thank you for your time,
So how is the light testing going are you thru? You are definitely doing a nice job on your setup. Start out right definitely saves time and costly things.
Speaking of seeds a one I am looking for is some Asian fantasy if anyone comes across it, I would love to hear from anyone.
Are you in soil? Are you going to do any auto’s?
Take care brother and thanks for your time

1 Like

Sorry for the delay.Been busy harvesting my first grow and getting ready for the next

I setup my 2 HLG260s’ on better potentiometers that have a numbered dial.Helps dial in the intensities better.

I’m using coco this go around and still growing photos.
Thanks for asking :grinning:

3 Likes

Harvest Update,
It turns out that my slow dry wasn’t so slow due to me forgetting to set my tents’ thermostat/night setback temperature.The night setback temp was bringing the 60F
day mode up to 70F.I caught this mistake about 4 days into the drying cycle so the
whole dry was only 8 or 9 days.I was planning on using the Cvault to finish them off before stuffing into Grove bags,but had more bud than the 8 litre Cvault could handle.
So stuffed two 1 pound grove bags.Humidity hanging around 61% for the past few days.
Total dry weight minus the grove bag weight,411 grams/14.5 ounces.I didn’t hold back on the small larfy buds,kept them too lol.All in all I am extreamly pleased that on a first grow that I was able to harvest this much pot.The taste/flavor reminds me of pine.The high for me at least is a head high and lasts for several hours.Rolled a joint and its a slow even burn,no runs.Thanks to the ILGM forum and the wealth of knowledge that resides here.

Upgraded pots for HLG 260s’

Finished plumbing/testing new Autopot system,

DIY reservoir,

Moved 4 more Purple Haze to tent,

@Hellraiser @Newt @beardless @SilvaBack203 @spankyjr1 @Alaska420 @nodurxshn @Graysin @Zee @Smalls Hope I didn’t forget anyone.Thanks guys for all your help.

7 Likes

congrats

2 Likes

Congratulations on the harvest really great numbers close 2 1lb next grow will be lbs

1 Like