1st journal and first grow. Loving it. 2 Cherry pie & 1 train wreck

Well I was told I should start a grow journal, so what the hell. First time grower and I am having a ton of fun. I am really loving learning and reading everything I can about how to grow. I have already made a couple mistakes and corrected them, right now I do have a Phlizon 1200w couple grow light that I will be changing as soon as I can to a quantum board grow light. I am growing in a 4x2x5 grow tent due to space and budget. Just found out we have a organic grow store in our little town that sells all the nutrients I need and I will be visiting them this weekend. So right now I am learning about water PH and runoff and ppm’s and how to feed my plants. I only use distilled water or filtered water when I absolutely need to at room temperature. I am growing in 3 gallon cloth pots with miracle grow potting soil which is one of my mistakes that I will be repotting over to happy frog this weekend so I hope they survive :pray: well that’s about it so I look forward to everyone’s comment. Have a great day and happy growing

13 Likes

Welcome to ILGM, they look good and healthy. Auto’s or photo’s?

2 Likes

Looks good so far. Good luck with the grow!

2 Likes

Actually the Cherry Pie is feminized and the Trainwreck is about 3 weeks behind and was given to me so I’m taking a chance to see if it’s female so we’ll see

2 Likes

You won’t regret it. I’m on board. Good Luck with your grow.

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts thanks to you brother

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot about miracle gro soil on FORUM. Most people have said it can really screw up your plants. I’ve seen a couple times where people have used it without any issues. I think the main problem is being time released you have no control over how much nutrients your girls get and when they get it. Another example is FF OF with seedlings. A lot of people have had problems when starting seedlings. I’m on my third grow and all three were with OF . Haven’t had any issues. The most important thing is if you start having problems with your grow you have all your info in one place so people will be familiar with your grow and can help out without having to ask a lot of questions.

4 Likes

@Bulldognuts yea when I first thought about growing I should of read how to’s but that’s over so I’m doing what I can, I knew about MG so I thought it would be great but I can’t give any nutrients because it will burn them up and every time I see a good grow on here it is with nutrients like Tiger Bloom, FoxFarm, Calmag. I had no idea about this before I started but hey live and learn,:joy:. Going to try and transplant in the next couple days into Happy Frog, (I have a bunch of cloth pots) and go from there. Wish me luck…:joy:

4 Likes

Yeah on my second grow I got new LEDs and didn’t know that better lights equals more of plant using cal-mag up. Had near disaster. That’s how I ended up on ILGM forum. Was able to get answers about what was happening.

3 Likes

The one thing I am needing to learn is pruning and what to prune, and when? don’t want to ruin my plants…saw some videos on it but they were just telling how to do it nit really actually doing it.

2 Likes

I went back to first post on journal, didn’t see if you are doing autos. If you are most of pruning should take place a little early in grow. With autos you don’t want to stress them once they get to close to Flower. Also when you are reading other journals and checking out threads that you like remember who posted and come back to your journal and tag them in. Lots of people will follow along and help out. @Nicky @CoyoteCody @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410

4 Likes

No Auto’s and good idea on tagging

2 Likes

Just tagged some people that have been helpful to me. @Dbpooper @AfgVet @repins12

3 Likes

Have you read any of the grow guides? There’s some good info on topping or FIMming your plants to multiply the number of colas.

Also talks about LSTin if you limited on height in your grow area.

Figure out what you want to do as far as topping, fimming, training and we can help you get there

2 Likes

Growing is something that “pay it forward” really applies. I’ve had a lot of good advice on forum. So I just want to do the same for anyone I can.

7 Likes

A good way to learn and is what I did for the first couple of months on the forum, is read as many of peoples grow journals as you can. I learned a TON that way and really helped me out

4 Likes

How old are your plants? Do you have a side pic of them?

1 Like

Funny you say that, I have been reading as much as possible on other journals for the last week since I join this site. And thanks for commenting and providing the link, I really do appreciate it. @Bulldognuts has been helping alot, thanks all

4 Likes

Pretty much everyone here is about helping others. It’s a great place!

5 Likes

Welcome to ILGM @MyHd tag me if you need anything. You’re off to a great start. May want to consider additional lighting when your budget allows.

4 Likes