1st indoor plant grow ever

haha :smiley: I have done some trimming before to her just a few weeks back now I think 3 weeks ago, so you would recommend doing another trim up in week 4 of flower to help the heads get more light @MeEasy

1 Like

Yes I always do a trim between weeks 3 n 4 of flower just remember it’s around this time that plants stop making fan leaves so it’s very important to leave enough for them to get to the end take any leaves covering up budsites. If you ever find yourself questioning whether or not to cut something just leave it there you can always come back and cut it later you can never put them back

Here’s an example of how I do it I think these are a little further along but they’re before n after and shows how much I leave on them that to me is the important thing they need leaves to use all that expensive light we give them. I say that because I think I’ve been taking to much off lately and need to remind myself of what I’m saying to you. I have a tendency of seeing a good idea that improves my plants then doing that thing to much and it hurts them. I call it loving them to death lol

Yeh wow haha that’s a big difference between the trims, so you’d say with mine would it be okay to take a fair amount off as from the picture she’s pretty bushy :joy: but how would you go about how much to take off from the tops down, and Thankyou for that info an tips I’ll wait another week at the 4th week mark for my plant an take some before an after picture an let you know how it all went :slight_smile: @MeEasy

1 Like

I would start now by removing any obvious long stem fan leaves blocking light penitration to budsites like a handful or so… this will reduce the number you’ll have to remove in a week. The "rule " is never take more than 30% at any one time. What I’m doing to help me not get carried away is I’ve picked a day (Monday) that I can remove leaves from my plants the rest of the week I can only tuck or bend things

Okay thank you, I will go around an cut off any long leaves for now around the outsides, I have another question being as bushy as my plant is now would you remove only a handful every two days or just leave it for the trim in another week? In other words how would you go about cutting and trimming my plant if she was yours till the trim week an how much haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Check out this ladies article/tutorial on defoliation there’s actually two of them I really like her way of explaining how n why. Search "Nebulahaze defoliation " and you will find my green haired friend.

1 Like

Thankyou that helped explain more appreciate it man :slight_smile: just one more question about lighting I know you said you’re not sure about LED’s but what would be the ideal hight to have them at

1 Like

I have this email from spider farmer that gives their recommendations for their 100w led I would think your light would be very similar

1 Like

Thankyou so much for all the help @MeEasy :blush:

Little update I Took a few leaves off, an my 200w light came

2 Likes

That looks better, with the smaller light it looked like part of the plant was in the shade. She’s gonna like it

1 Like