1st indoor plant grow ever

Hello this is my 1st time growing inside and using nutes for my plant just looking for some tips an advice, she’s purple haze it’s 15 days in from starting flower 12/12 under a 100w led will appreciate all the feed back Thankyou :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That is one big beautiful bushy lady!! Healthy as heck and starting to crown up. Should be picking up in smell too…

How long did she veg?

3 Likes

Thankyou so much :slight_smile: there were times though things where getting bad but corrected with some help from people, and her veg was around 3 months long and I started flower on the 1st of July

5 Likes

Well props to yourself and said mentor. :ok_hand:t5::+1:t5:

5 Likes

I agree with purp that’s a beautiful specimen you have there @Wally420 welcome to the neighborhood. My only concern is that you won’t have enough light to flower her properly and that would be a shame for such a pretty girl

6 Likes

hello an thankyou :slight_smile:, I currently have a UFO 100W LED at the moment what would you recommend for lights what would be the minimum amount of wattage to get her flowering well

2 Likes

Just a second ufo would probably get you 50% bigger harvest, I’m not familiar with those ufo’s but I’ve heard they’re good. Of course you can spend a bunch of money for something stronger

3 Likes

:+1: :+1:Two thumbs up great first grow

2 Likes

Okay sweet Thank you :slight_smile: @MeEasy I will just have to order another light for her

4 Likes

For sure, it’s all about lighting. Whatever you can afford. The stronger the better (to a point). HPS will create a lot of heat you’ll have figure out, but probably the best bang for the buck. I use CMH 315 that would work well for you probably. A little less heat too. Good luck. Beautiful plant.

2 Likes

Hi there. I’m on my first grow. I’m in my 3rd week of gorilla glue autoflower. I just topped my plant since its very healthy. My question is should I leave my plant in the dark for any length of time to recover or keep my schedule unchanged? Thank u

2 Likes

Hi @Daisylach2017 welcome to the neighborhood, there’s no need for a dark period for recovery. I will lower the light intensity for a day or two if I do a big defoliation and it makes the plant sad, but they probably won’t notice you topping them if done right. Also for better exposure it’s probably best for you to start your own thread when asking for help… good luck :+1:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend topping an auto since they only have so much time to grow, and the recovery from topping cuts in to that time, but you’ll still be ok. Just food for thought next time.

1 Like

Hey thanks :slight_smile: @Dexterado iv recently just brought another UFO 200w light to go with the 100w one I currently have @MeEasy 300w should be a good start yes haha :+1:

1 Like

Won’t hurt for sure. I want to try one of the hlg led’s, but a little pricey.

1 Like

Thanks a lot friend for your help. I appreciate you and yeah I should have started a new thread.

1 Like

Like I said I’m not familiar with the ufo lights but 200w would probably be enough by itself but of course 300w is gonna be better lol

1 Like

Okay that’s true lol Thankyou also I have another question about trimming would you recommend to cut most fan leaves off to help light

She’s pretty bushy lol

1 Like

Kinda reminds me of the 80s :laughing::joy: I always do a good defoliation right before switching my lights to 12s and then another one three to four weeks later plus I’m always tucking leaves and taking off the ones that don’t listen to my training them. So I do think it needs a trim but I really think that the timing is important for bud development