1st ILGM grow - Superskunk(fem)

Just before lights on

2 Likes

Can’t tell but looks like you only chopped the tops of the leaves. Just in case it didn’t even get topped you can try again. If it wasn’t successful, next time just go a hair lower. Lookin good though,

That’s what I was thinking, true F.I.M. :wink:
The are going into flower in 2 weeks regardless. Probably done for this grow, I think the stunting and getting those top several sets of shoots more light will still make a difference.

All I want now is a boring grow with no drama.

Bottom of that orange cord is 18" as reference, They got to it, so I raised the lights about 6"

1 Like

If you can go an extra week in veg that would be very good. Instead of going 1212 after 8 weeks go to 9 weeks let the plant get bigger. When you go to 1212 it will stretch.

Like I said, this is a quick-as-possible, down-n-dirty, get 4-6 oz and move on.

To compensate, I’m pushing the nutes (2 sets of FF stuff) and watching them closely after each nute-push. Some of them are already being used at MFG rec. strength, with no negatives yet, but I’ll watch for build-up. I think that watering with plain water every other feeding as recommended helps prevent that. So as long as you don’t get nute burn from the feeding, you are providing enough nutes for a week.

That is also why (watering twice a week) I put the plain water 3 days instead of four after the nutes. If things look sketchy I can use it as a flush.

1 Like

I do plan on doing whatever LST is needed once I put them in flower and see where the buds are.

I may do some super-cropping and what-not on the FIM’d one if the other looks like she’ll meet my modest 4-5oz goal.

1 Like

Partook in some chronic Widow this morning which has 100% CBD. It gets you high too. Waited about 30 minutes and took my blood pressure. By the way I am off the blood pressure medicine now. Used to be Sky High. It started going down when I started smoking chronic Widow.

3 Likes

Cool!

I bought some extra-long garden twist-ties, and the symmetry of the plant usually makes it perfect to just poke it through the edge of the pot and twist it, then use the rest to pull the limbs where you want them.

I’m stoned, as usual, but I have outside work (weed-killin’ on a gravel drive) to do - first completely sunny (forecasted) day I’ve had in weeks. But the girls are cool. Just using cleaning-vinegar with Epsom salts and some dawn.

For the new people that are stopping by, I have the house to myself, and the entire bedroom the grow closet is in could eventually be a grow room. I have 3 BR, and this is in the 2 connecting ones. I have a major renovation planned for the next few years, where the 2nd BR is not accessible from anywhere but the master BR and becomes the grow room. The window faces north, and is shaded by monstrous hardwoods so dark is never a problem (in MY hemisphere :wink: )

Right now I have so many irons in the fire, plus regular house upkeep by myself, that the present grow room is just to ‘get me on my feet’ for a few grows. Example. I need furniture, so I am making it from wood reclaimed on my property, or doing garage sale refurbishes to set up house.

3 Likes

Thank you for that idea. I used it on my Gorilla Glue to spread it out and get more light to the nodes.

4 Likes

Holy crap i was only gone aday :see_no_evil:
This is exactly why i love this forum, everyone helps everyone :slight_smile: the love and knowledge is shared, its great!!
Keep doing what yall do :v:

2 Likes

Why would I bend, break, snip… LOL

3 Likes

NIce! You can also adjust them easy as the plant grows. (or if you change your stoner mind on what you want to do :wink: )

1 Like

Evening update. Petunia is recovering, and the bottom shoots took off while the top was thinking about it. Had to pull the bottom leaves down and prop the future-buds on them.

That smaller (middle of three) bottom fan leaf is on the sprout.

1 Like

That’s not just lighting on those downward leaves, damn. so she get’s less nutes next time. The skunk leaves have some deep riffles in them (or whatever)

1 Like

I pulled Nancy’s lower leaves down two, but she seems to be ‘seeking her own light’ well. Lots of time with the leaves pointed up I think.

1 Like

Love the symmetry.

1 Like

2 Likes

Really looking good, tender loving care. Pretty soon both those girls are going to take off. At this point a little stretching may help, Try to keep the nodes together too, not 6 or 7 inches apart, when stretching does occur you might want to lower the light some. I do that to control that, reason why I try to keep each one with it’s own light in perspective, but adjustment is always happening. Also I only take the very small new leaves at tops and gently grab the two on each side and spread them ever so slightly to expose new growth so light can get in there and thats it I don’t mess with it anymore and they seem to grow faster out of the shoot, Your shade leaves curling up like that is great, it is loving your light. As far as nute burn , I only see normal growing going on there, If the tips of your leaves or edges turn yellow then brown, you nute burned it, but it is not that bad and your looks great. Yeah just throw a seed in the ground and it will grow, not like that, at least a couple hours a day or more, you are messing with these ladies, 7 days a week

1 Like