1st ILGM grow - Superskunk(fem)

Yeah? Well I have weed! So nyah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously I didnā€™t try it. Didnā€™t worry about it. If the power goes out, so do the lights, so not as much need for fans. Didnā€™t have to worry about not being there if it happened though, so I can dig it.

Itā€™ll be perfect for the drying process.

1 Like

What youā€™re not getting is that if the power goes out momentarily, this fan wonā€™t turn back on, but the lights will. Also, itā€™s not a concern for you because you have access to them all day everyday.

Again, key difference between you and I and our methods is that I need to be able to not touch anything in my tent up to 3 days at a time. Imagine I put all fans in my tent as this little guy, I leave her alone, power blips and I run 3 full days with no fans.

Not good. Youā€™re use case is different, sheā€™ll get at most an hour or no fan and youā€™ll go in, take some pics and turn it back on manually. No harm.

But Iā€™m glad the fan works for you, itā€™s a killer little fan, which is why Iā€™m disappointed that itā€™s not fail safe to power blips. So the search carries on for me.

Several things in this pic. I got the grow closet cleaned out, and since Iā€™m upgrading the exhaust I no longer need the vent-booster. So it is now an exhaust in the drying closet.
Weighed them all before hanging them and about half the limbs lost half their weight (same as with Petunia after 24hrs.) But the other half that had the fatter bigger tops only lost about 1/3. I think those will be the ones that boost it to 5oz rather than 4.

4 Likes

Update with a smoke report. I had 3 little nugs (about a gram) that got inadvertently snipped, and I didnā€™t find out until they came loose in the wash. Dried them in the dehydrator overnight (no heat) and ground them up this morning.

So far I have rearranged the grow bedroom, Disassembled most of the stuff in the grow room except the fan. And fixed up the cabinet, to include adding this over the fans to keep light out.

2 Likes

Sooooo, do-do-do-do-doo Iā€™m McLovin it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeeeeeeha! you lucky dog you. Iā€™m going to lower the net later today and see how much coverage she already has then based on that, likely flip to 12/12 any day.

2 Likes

And the day-after-harvest activities. The hash is mostly dry, and Iā€™m letting the first run dry then cure.

3 Likes

hmmmm that looks delicious. just like a lil dog turd! lol jk jk

I could go for some hash. How did you make it?

1 Like

I got this from the subsequent runs. My cat is snoring. I say too late because it is in a 240 degree oven for 40 minutes, and the butter is melting :slight_smile:

Didnā€™t know the pic was all flash until too late, but the under-screen cleanout produced this which is also in the oven.

And the plan is Iā€™m eating the kief like a cannacap, but making butter with the green hash.

1 Like

With ice-water and bubble-bags.

Also, today is day 7 of the vacuum cure on the first harvest, so that will be the next smoke report :wink:

Sorry for the terse answer - had butter clarifying on the stove.

The reason for the color difference (and consistency) is that there are different micron bags. You jam them in a bucket with the 25micron ā€œcatch-allā€ bag at the bottom, the 225micron ā€˜workā€™ bag on top with your material and ice in it, and as many intermediate micron bags as you want. then fill the bucket with more ice and water.

Doing one or two plants it is not worth the extra effort having all the bags. So first run I had the 120micron bag in the middle. So the ā€˜blondeā€™ hash has no veg. and is only trichomes that would fit between the 120micron mesh, but not the 25.

Second run, I flipped the 120 bad inside out and rinsed anything that I didnā€™t scrape off bask into the work bag, and only used the work and catch all for 3 more runs, catching everything because I was planning on butter.

Oh, and I just use a wire wisk to agitate the plant material. You have to do it until you see foam, then let it settle.

I assume you just used the larf for the hash?

1 Like

There was none! That is from the trim on both plants. leaves and stems.

1 Like

You freeze it for a few hours to make the trichomes brittle.

Oh, and I NEVER waste smokable bud on edibles. I also donā€™t smoke much hash - the keif is what I usually make butter from. And I donā€™t ā€œactivelyā€ collect it except after harvest. Other than that itā€™s just from grinder screens and I donā€™t do it that often.

Today will be a jello-mind treat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job on the grow. Plants looked great the whole cycle. Pat yourself on the back and reap your just rewards. Iā€™ll be there myself in a couple months with the Super Skunk I started. Germinated 11 seeds in water, then paper towels. From there into Rapid Rooters, once sprouted a day after that Rooters transplanted into soil in solo cups. Moving them under my main lights today. Heard my other seeds singing to me, so I plopped 5 more into a glass of water yesterday afternoon. Will be running a short veg on most of them and do a SOG. Will hold a few back to veg longer. What was your total time from seed to flip? Iā€™m thinking I saw 61 days thinking back through your thread. And you shortened your flower time to about what; 47 days? Once again Brother, fantastic growā€¦

3 Likes

Great job man. @Whodat66. Look at those buds!! That should hold you for a while.

3 Likes

Earth to @Whodat66? Having too much fun with your recent harvest eh? Hope all is good man.

2 Likes